Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Parking in Newquay, Cornwall
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Need to leave the car in Newquay for about a week while I walk round some of the SWCP.

Any suggestions where I can leave the car for free where it won’t upset locals? Train station wants to charge a tenner a day…

martinhutch

Somewhere near the airport – a hotel? Might let you do it for less than that.

MoreCashThanDash

Try one of the campsites near the route?

dantsw13

Outside of Newquay, in the countryside you could leave it roadside for free?

jimster01

Why not take the train to Newquay and walk to wherever, then catch the train home?

I only suggest this because you must be getting public transport back to Newquay.

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

jimster’s got a point – I did something similar where I got the train to St.Ives, walked to Penzance over 3 days and then got the train back. was lovely it was…

brassneck

Thurman, I think you’re not so far from me (Andover ish?) and going by the state of the A303 the past couple of weekends I’d take the train! Or change from SWCP to Stonehenge to Mere..

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Yeah, cost of train for two adults to Newquay is quite prohibitive 🙂

Much, much cheaper to drive there.

Plan is to drive to Newquay, walk to Penzance, train back to Newquay, drive home.

Good idea re campsites.

danrandon
    Free Member

parking is free over looking fistral beach at the far end. Park on esplanade road. We park there all the time when on holiday. post code for satnav is TR7 1PS

hope that helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Parking in Newquay, Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.