Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Parking at Manchester Airport
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Got a flight out of MAN this Thursday (with Easyjet, so Terminal 3 IIRC), and need to park my car somewhere. Will be from about 6am Thursday to 4pm ish Sunday.

Any recommendations for cheap parking/transfer?

Had a look on https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/Shop/MAN/Parking, JetParks seems to be the cheapest at £17.99, anything to watch out for/cheaper alternatives?

Ta, Duane.

SaxonRider

I always had someone drive me because I was too skint to pay for parking. Mind you, for that many days, 17.99 doesn’t actually sound too bad.

turin
    Free Member

It was a few years ago but we got a parking and one night stay at one of the hotels attached to the airport for £50ish and that was for 2 weeks parking. Dont know how far you live from Manchester or if thats any use??

cxi
    Free Member

You can get 10 or 15% cashback via TopCashBack on APH Parking – that’s £17.32 (before cashback) though it’s off-site. We used it a few years ago and it was fine.

Rich_s

Whatever you do don’t turn up, miss the obvious signs for long stay and ram it in the short stay for 4 days… £108 quid later 😳

Juicy_plum
    Free Member

In my opinion, don’t bother with the “off-site” parking. They are quite a distance from the airport (15-20 minutes drive, with relatively infrequent buses. We had to ring for a bus to pick us up, which meant waiting 15 minutes for the bus to pick us up followed by the 15-20 min drive back to the car). I have found Jetparks to be very good, the bus transfers are regular (at least every 10 minutes) and they now drop you off and pick you up at each terminal.

I doubt you could get a return train fare for £18. Otherwise, the links to the train station are pretty good.

jp-t853

Rich_s – Member

Whatever you do don’t turn up, miss the obvious signs for long stay and ram it in the short stay for 4 days… £108 quid later

I knew a guy who commuted from Denmark, he left his car in short stay over the weekend and his 6 month old kid had emergency heart surgery. The car was there for 3 months. We sent someone in who played the I’ve just dropped someone off and lost my ticket line. They forced him to pay a 24hr rate about £10 or something. He kicked up a mini fuss and payed the money begrudgingly.

samuri
    Free Member

We always park at the offsite carparks at Carrington when we go on holiday. Yep, it’s a bit of a bus journey but we’ve never waited more than ten minutes for a bus and it’s usually very cheap. Phone for the bus as soon as you land and it’ll be there shortly by the time you get your bags. Saying that, that would be for ten days normally. If you’re only there for a few days, you might as well take the hit on long term on site parking.

mrchrispy

I often ride past the carrington site when we are off out into the lanes and I always think its freaking miles away from the airport.

it cant be cheap enough to make it worth the hassel can it?
    (not that I really care…15 quid in a black cab for me)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Parking at Manchester Airport’ is closed to new replies.