Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Parkin clough – a photo to show the gradient
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Driving towards it today i thought i would take a snap just to show the gradient as close up pics don’t usually do it any justice.

It is marginally to the right of the diagonal tree line in the middle of the pic. You can trace the route down from the top of Winn Hill and it continues in a straight line

Pook

I took this photo to show the surface. It had rained prior to me taking the pic

😉

simonm
    Free Member

Rob….worried about your obsession with Parkin Clough.. step away from it…its bad for you.

Have you ridden it then Rob?

Can’t be that hard then 😉

Ok, so I take it back about not being hard.

But with it, I also take back the question about Rob riding it 😉

[video]http://vimeo.com/11967578[/video]

barrykellett
    Free Member

The guy in the video appears to going downwards though? Is he going the wrong way?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Rode/shouldered my bike up there once. Big respect to those who ride it – unless it’s mellowed slightly I don’t think I’d attempt that!

DarrenH

cripes! 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

An orange 5.makes it pretty straightforward.

rOcKeTdOg

i’d not fancy riding up that! or down it in anything but the conditions in the video, take a while to learn the best lines to take too

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i am 100% it is not rideable as an UP

hora
    Free Member

Lovely but its 100% not safe to ride unless its first or last thing in the day as its too dangerous to walkers.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

and 100% not doable by hora up or down

puddle-rider
    Free Member

i’m guessing that’s very much a cheeky trail 😀

hora
    Free Member

and 100% not doable by hora up or down

Have you ever ridden it?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora – tried and failed a few weeks back. You?

hora
    Free Member

First section yep – and witnessed. Second section once by accident (and never to be repeated again).

How can you fail? Fail means you fall. IMO you can’t stop and get off on the second section – its impossible, you’d be over the bars and into the stream that runs down the drop/side.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I am sure you have not ridden down the roots – the first bit down to the open green patch is piss, the second down to the trees is note asy at all, the 2 tree drops are huge.

How can you fail – by not riding it doh!!

hora
    Free Member

I don’t believe you rode the second section 😉 you said you failed, fail to me means OTB or fall. You can’t step off or stop. Yes, the second section has a misleading start but once your into it thats it your locked in.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thats bollocks their are load sof get off places

monksie
    Free Member

Now now children, shake hands and make up.

The video still doesn’t do it justice. That path is mental on a bicycle. Excellent riding going on by that guy.

hora
    Free Member

Are we talking about the same place? All I remember is being in it, ****ing it and concentrating for dear life. 😆

Dude I’m not questioning your manhood 😆

GaryLake
    Free Member

An orange 5.makes it pretty straightforward.

That was a Patriot actually. Owning a Five and having ridden a Patriot, and watching that video. I reckon a Five would actually be a real handful down that, seeing as that Patriot looked pretty sketchy at times in the hands of an obviously half-decent rider.

Five and Patriot might look like the same thing with different travel but the Patriot is a totally different beast to ride.

lowey

Fairs doo’s… thats a proper tasty track. Way above my comfort zone thats for sure. Some nice riding in the vid too.

hora
    Free Member

I agree, his ability to pause with control without sliding before each rooted section is commendable.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Done it once in the absolute bone dry. Cleared it feet up and clipped in. GOOD way to finish a ride.

Then tried it a fortnight later when it was just slightly moist. F….ing hell it was sketchy. Ended up about 1/4 of a Maxxis sideknob from being in the ravine. 3 dabs all in all, but I needed to change my shorts at the bottom. Proper terrifying.

Good vid. Riding it a little faster than I did (I think!)

I’d love to see a pro DHer do it. I suspect they’d be off the brakes most of the way down!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can it be part of a decent all-dayer, to make it worth the 200 mile trip there?

Sounds ideal for that ride you lot are planning next weekend.

hora
    Free Member

Its the cheekiest of the cheeky and isn’t safe for a group ride.

Its too technical considering walkers will be coming up it.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

this is how to ride it properly

[video]http://vimeo.com/22623802[/video]

ton

it is pretty steep.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Blower is far faster 🙂

Pook

It’s rideable in the dry. I’ve done it with one dab in the wet clipped in. It’s hairy, but if you take your time kickstart style I can’t see it being impossible…. in the dry….

Pook

It’s rideable in the dry. I’ve done it with one dab in the wet clipped in. It’s hairy, but if you take your time kickstart style I can’t see it being impossible…. in the dry….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dun….dun…dun…

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun…duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Two too many dun’s there al…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

No there ain’t 😡

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzntZLHcYy0[/video]

simonm
    Free Member

bit of a moment at 44 seconds (before edit) on the first video…new pants please.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Nice, I found the bottom of this trail on a ride and walked up a fair way wondering where it came out; now I know. At the time, I figured it was a footpath and it was the middle of a sunny Sunday afternoon so didn’t attempt to ride it in case there were walkers about – that’s my excuse, anyway.
    Will have another look on a quieter day.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Parkin clough – a photo to show the gradient’ is closed to new replies.