Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Park wood Springs Sheffield …
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

…am I likely to get my car burnt out, bike pillaged or bottom molested?

As it’s not in the best part of the city ?

Ta

drewfus
    Free Member

i’ve never had a problem when visiting. my van never got touched, havin a bull terrier sat in the front probably helped 😆 i parked on shirecliffe rd. you’re right at the start of the trail there.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’m worried about all of the above too,issit really that bad?, as I’d quite like to try it!.

matt_outandabout

It will be right. The car park at the centre is big, and minimal problems there.

simonm
    Free Member

I just ride there from home, its so close to town.

Pook

you’ll be fine.

alaslas
    Free Member

Careful of the local scrotes:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1029940&page=3

I’d like to know how they nick someone’s bike, though. They’re either very quick, or their quarry is very slow.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Iron Justice, the old unofficial dual track on Parkwood, saw some trouble once locals clicked about the value of bikes.

The track builders also had bikes stolen from their van, but were recovered.

It’s an inner city track so will attract all sorts of attention, good and bad. Don’t be over paranoid but do be sensible and vigilant and report any signs of trouble.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Simon – that’s a very good point and for reasons I can’t explain it never once occurred to me that I could ride the less than 4 miles to Parkwood!

:-S

soulwood
    Free Member

I rode there a couple of weeks ago, which is about 4-5 miles from my house, up Rutland Rd, properly warmed up by the time I got to the bridleway sign!
    I was pleasantly surprised by the track, not being a big fan of trail centres and actually enjoyed it, getting smoother on each lap and completed 4 laps before heading back. I set off with a mind to have an “easy” day on the bike and ended up with a decent workout. I went up midweek and saw two other riders, from Huddersfield! Didn’t see any scrotes but it was also before 12pm, when most smackrat dole-bludgers are still in their cannabis stinking pits.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well I drove up to Parkwood this afternoon and completed a couple of laps. It was good fun.

However, I didn’t get my car burnt out, bike pillaged or bottom molested.

Almost disappointing..

reedspeed
    Free Member

A mite pop up this week for a look now the snows gone,I think the key is as has been suggested go before 12,unless its a signin on day!…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I went up a few weeks ago, but rode early so there were no scroats about. I was surprised how busy it was…with riders that is.

It was a Sunday morning and a football training session or game was just starting as I left…saw some true athletes starting their session with some weed!

The summer may be a but different as oiks start to hang around.

It is quite good fun though…I did four laps first thing as I didn’t have much time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Park wood Springs Sheffield …’ is closed to new replies.