Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Park TS2.2; good? Cheapest place?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Park tool TS2.2 as good as anything else out there for the price? Looks like a sturdy piece of kit.
    Anyone know where the cheapest place to get them is? I have seen one for £180 (the raw one, not blue). Any advances on that?
    Also, what’s the best attachment for using 15mm front and 142×12 rear axles?

simondbarnes

They’re excellent pieces of kit.

I have seen one for £180 (the raw one, not blue). Any advances on that?

Well that’s less than the trade price from Madison so doubt there will be many shops trying to beat that.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Was looking at this the other day. My home made one will only work without tyres on but given how tension drops/varies with a tubeless ready tyre on, I’m tempted. Can you let me know where you’ve seen them at that price?

devash
    Free Member

They are really good. Its worth getting this bit of kit for it too;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/park-tool-dial-indicator-gauge-ts2di/rp-prod50281

cultsdave
    Free Member

For less than half the price you can get one of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/x-tools-pro-mechanic-wheel-truing-stand/rp-prod122322?gs=1&gclid=CjwKEAiAjfq2BRDpmdHmssaW5xsSJABToP4lS-iiyLSLD8fhNIS8QZeNIsC6GivBUBqxnSELklxBqhoCy3rw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Maybe not quite as good as the park one but not far off it. Solid bit of kit IMHO

curvature
    Free Member

The ‘raw’ finish that you mention is actually chrome plated and should be more than the blue one.

They are very good by the way.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They are very good (and very heavy) bits of kit. Don’t bother with the flash looking guage but do get the dish/centering tool. If moved about a lot they can go out of alignment (and you don’t normally notice till after the fact).I habitually only true/dish of one side anyhoo 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

Hibike onzadog. You can get the stand, TSB-2 tilting base, TS-2TA end plugs (for axle wheels) for 290 euro (£225).
    Would have preferred to spend the money in the UK, but hey ho.

JoeG
    Free Member

As curvature says, Park came out with the blue one as a way of hitting a lower price point than the silver chromed one; they are otherwise identical.

Some on this forum have and say good things about the On-One Knockoff version but I’ve never seen one myself.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m far too much of a tart to own an on-one tool.

JoeG
    Free Member

^ Me too! 😳

I was lucky and got my Park stand for 1/2 of the online price from craigslist a couple years ago.

wrecker
    Free Member

DO NOT LOOK ON CRAIGSLIST AT WORK!!!!!!

johnski15
    Free Member

curvature – Member

Hi mate, any chance you can email me mate? johski1518@gmail.com

I’ve seen your posts on your Lads Genesis Core 24, I’m about to buy on possibly and need to ask a few questions about your wheel build etc..

Thanks mate,

John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Park TS2.2; good? Cheapest place?’ is closed to new replies.