Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • park inner tube patches.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Is it just me or are they rubbish? Or are they just meant to be a temporary fix, just enough to get you home sort of thing.

Coleman
    Free Member

They are great. Fast permanent fix for both road and MTB pressures, also make great frame cable rub protectors. What’s not to like?

Lummox

Poor in my experience, temporary repair that doesn’t like higher pressures. Now slime patches or superstar ones stick like wotsit to a blanket.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Xylene
    Free Member

Never had to use one myself, but came across a broken down roadie with a flat months ago. Offered to give him a lift home, he was determined to fix his flat. Lent him my track pump to get things going, both his spare inner tubes split when pumped.
    Remembered these in the car and he found the hole and patched it, got the pressure up to about 100 to get the last 50 miles home.

Presume he made it.

anto164
    Free Member

used them many a time. Fantastic little ride-savers.

jordie
    Free Member

i think they are made of the wrong stuff with not stretch when inflating the tube

sc-xc

Very good, used them loads.

Potdog
    Free Member

Use them quite a bit and have always been great. Now the BBBs sticky things, they are crap!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

What’s the key to getting them to stay put then? I give the tube a rub with the sandpaper and bit of a wipe clean and press them on but I now have several tubes with slow punctures.

Milt
    Free Member

they work for me, but don’t stretch with the tube too well, so you end up with exposed glue around the edge of the patch. Not sure it’s enough to stick to the tyre, but may be an issue.

mrplow
    Free Member

I never got on with them on tubes but they have been ace on my camelback bladder after an over the bars put a hole in it.

highclimber
    Free Member

I have mixed experiences with them. I think you get some that are poor and/or the brand of tube makes them either work or not. generally they are ok but I always replace them with a permanent patch

rudedog
    Free Member

not as good as a normal patch – I’ve had 2 or 3 fail after a few months.

P20

I like them. They just seem to work. I’ve used on the inside of tubeless tyres to seal splits too

EdwardH

They are a great trailside fix, though I have found that overtime they begin to leak, this I think is due to their lack of stretchiness. When I get a number of innertubes in the shed needing patched I replace all the park patches with traditional rubber patches – this solves the problem of the eventual Park patch leak.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s the only product from Park I think is crap, they make great frame protectors against cabe rub though.

Slime green patches or those little back suckers from Halfrauds work best for me on the bikes I’ve not gone tubless with

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘park inner tube patches.’ is closed to new replies.