• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cp.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Parcelforce made me laugh
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Ordered a bike item Friday – posted out Friday 24 hour service. Tracked on Sat said loaded onto van for delv Monday @ Exeter. 2 hours later a new tracking record that it has been accepted from customer in PRESTON. So it travelled 260 miles in 2 hours !

😆

Brake-neck
    Free Member

They aren’t making me laugh, frame was due Friday before 12, have taken day off today to get it and nobody knows where it is. Parcelfarce as a mate once quipped, and they wonder why they have a bad rep, fricken amateurs!!

10pmix
    Free Member

Parcelfarce “attempted” delivery at my house last week but once again mysteriously left no card. The OBS then suggested I go find my package at a post office (not my local one of course) whose ‘find the parcel in the pile on the floor in the back room’ process then completely fell to pieces when I couldn’t produce the card that wasn’t left.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm- Sorry – Was only me that laughed 😉 Mine arrived this morning all the way from Preston instantly! I do wonder about their tracking 🙁

Brake-neck
    Free Member

I eventually found my frame myself today by phoning around the edinburgh and Stirling post office distribution centres and it was sitting behind the desk at the Stirling one where “no one could see it” and lets face it a frame box is tiny.
    Meant to be delivered before 12 on Friday, picked up by me a 14:30 today with me £10 out of pocket for next day postage, f**king useless!!!!

charliedontsurf

Parcel force are the best of the bunch. We have had other couriers fake signatures and steal the parcels.

In a year and many hundreds of parcels we have had one frame dented and nothing go missing.

rickmeister

Parcel force have been pretty good ime, if I wanted completely world class buffoonery then I give you, Yodel.

takisawa2

Never had an issue with Parcelforce, always collected without fuss & on time. Never had anything late or not turn up. Once sent a towbar, all 32kg of it, collected & del next day for £13. Driver didn’t bat an eye lid. Good service.

robsoctane
    Free Member

I spent £40 for the next day delivery of my new Trek. I had to collect it myself 6 days later at a cost of a further £40 in a bloody taxi. It went from Surrey to Midlands – to Surrey – to Midlands – to Newcastle. Tracked it, called, ‘We can’t deliver it on a Saturday, you didn’t pay for a Saturday delivery’.

Parcel Farce indeed.

10pmix
    Free Member

Seems too many good experiences and we can’t have that. 😀

Parcelfarce once claimed my address didn’t exist and refused to deliver parcels to me the whole time I was that address.

Parcelfarce once claimed they had attempted to delivery my parcel (a painting) three times despite leaving no card each time. The seller (ebay) had it returned to him on three occasions and had to re-post it to me at my cost each time. It was then lost and eventually turned up at the back of a sub-post office. The clerk had been wondering what it was.

Parcelfarce automated telephone system used to demand a reference number from the card that was left but if you didn’t have the card you couldn’t get out of the automated system and got disconnected. This was unless you knew the secret button to divert out of the system. I eventually found it after several days of trying by which time my parcel had been returned to sender. Re-posted at my cost. When I complained Parcelfarce told me a card must have been left as it was their policy to do so. Silly me.

They were my No.1 appalling customer service company for 5 years until I discovered Avis Customer Services last year. But that’s a different story…

OK over to the next person with a contrary view…

joao3v16
    Free Member

Parcel force are the best of the bunch

Just a minute! Have you been reading their promotional material?

I can see it now, on billboards all over the country:

“ParcelForce – The Best of a Bad Bunch”

If they can rely on everyone else being even worse, where’s the incentive to improve.

sugdenr
    Free Member

+1 Parcelforce are no doubt one of the better one.

Its easy to forget the other 50,000+ parcels they delivered correctly that day just because your one parcel went missing.

If they can rely on everyone else being even worse, where’s the incentive to improve.

I once asked Specialized how they can justify anulling all extended warranty on a bike/frame if you sell it on. Their answer was “everyone else does it, we are no different to them”

MrAgreeable

They’re my first choice if I have to post something bulky like a bike frame. Cheap (through yousendit.com) and reliable.

mema
    Free Member

I had Parcel force come on friday to deliver some radiators which ended up with the driver swearing at me and becoming really agressive! Spoke to a manager on friday concerning it and was told he phone back yesterday. No phone call. Just logged a complaint and if no one gets back to me I’ll be contacting the police as I aint put up with being left shaking, on the verge of tears because some delivery diver has had a bad day.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Parcel force have been pretty good ime, if I wanted completely world class buffoonery then I give you, Yodel.

Just discovered the joy of Yodel last night. With no card pushed through the door I think they tried to deliver something on Friday but no-one was home. As it was obviously bin day and the wheelie bins were on the road they didn’t do their usual trick of hiding it in the bin (sigh!) but instead hid it under a bush completely hidden from sight from the drive/front door.

Of course during late November it’s dark when I go out, dark when I come back so pure luck I was chatting to the neighbour and spotted a bit of rubbish in the garden that I went to tidy up – turns out to be about £100 of Amazon stuff for Christmas sitting out in the mud/rain for 4 days….

Flashy
    Free Member

I’ve used parclefarce and to be fair, so far so good. I’m lucky I can get parcels delivered to work. whih saves the hassal of traipsing down to the office when they “fail” to deliver it. Royal Mail did however leave my other half’s new garmin outside on the doorstep in the rain……

cp

I’ve used them numerous times. They’ve been good on the whole, but always deliver (touch wood, I’ve got a frame with them at the moment..).

HOWEVER, having received a frame recently & the aforementioned one they have, there is something very wrong with their online tracking at the moment.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Parcelforce made me laugh’ is closed to new replies.