Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Parcelfarce
  • slowjo
    Free Member

What a useless bunch of……

I ordered a seat post from CRC over a week ago. It was despatched quickly enough and disappeared into the gaping maw that is Parcelforce.

I have been following the tracking history and it seems to have been shuttling around between the depot in Ipswich and some van ever since. Apparently they tried to deliver it more than once but I was out. Now, I work at home and can see everyone coming up and down the drive. It is unlikely I would miss a big red van. Furthermore, despite the driver’s claims, they have not left one of their visiting cards.

I get deliveries every other day and as the house is right on the road, no one ever has difficulty finding it. If he is having problems I’d assume he would communicate this either to the despatch dept, or CRC. Apparently not!

Telephone calls are met with replies along the lines of ‘don’t worry, it will be with you tomorrow’,yet it never is.

Time to see if CRC can sort it out.

Grrrr

creamegg
    Free Member

Last time I ordered from Crc using next day delivery it took over a week to arrive. Quick email to crc and I had the delivery cost refunded and s £20 voucher from crc that I negotiated up to £30 so well worth an email / call to crc

slowjo
    Free Member

I have just spoken to them….they are going to deal with it now. :o)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Unfortunately the driver has (probably) 70+ drops to wade through and taking a few minutes to phone depots and suppliers just isn’t going to happen. Not defending them but that’s the way it seems to be.
    I had a spanking new bike go missing in the system many years ago and I found out from the regular driver that the agency lad had parked the van up at the end of the shift with over 20 deliveries on it without telling a soul. My bike was one of them.

welshfarmer

Sounds like our Parcelarce driver. If he can’t get out to us he simply fills it in as “no-one home” (despite the fact he often leaves parcels in the shed when we are out the fields), or “could not find address”, which is also BS as there are only a few properties in the valley and ours is very well signposted. However, it is a bit of a detour for him if time is tight so I guess he just makes up the excuses. Had a parcel out for delivery yesterday. No sign of it. Maybe today?Probably not. I think he waits till Friday and sticks all the parcels for the valley in the corner and does one drop a week.

2orangey4crows

I’ll never use Parcelforce again.

Last time I shipped a bike and booked a collection time they failed to turn up. I rang, they apologised and said the driver would be around the next day… he wasn’t. This was repeated the next day. And the next.

Useless.

Northwind

Thing is, this is all stuff that most courier companies seem to do… I’d sooner have Parcelforce than just about anyone else. Maybe DPD and DHL.

slowjo
    Free Member

Hurrah for CRC!

Package arrived six hours after contacting them. It may have been coincidence but I prefer to think CRC came through for me.

Hurrah and Huzzah!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I like parcelforce. Book stuff through senditnow and it goes when required and often quicker than paid for.

Tracey

I think they are the best of a bad bunch.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

I think they are the best of a bad bunch.

+1

Deveron53
    Free Member

DPD seem to have it sorted. I was waiting in for a delivery last week as I knew the timeslot. Timeslot came and went but no delivery. An update on the tracking website showed ‘card left’ and a photograph of what door they had posted the card through. It was the wrong door. Turns out it was a relief driver that didn’t know the weird street layout. It’s not the problem, it’s the response when a problem happens.

Parcel force have more than one level of service. The ones that use my email address to update me constantly as to the status of my incoming parcel is the reassuring one. They even say which is the delivering depot.

neilwheel
    Free Member

It seems to be the same as most things in life. If the person you deal with actually gives more than half a shite then it usually works out okay.

Used to have a decent postie, she now only works half a week, Parcelforce and DPD drivers, the current ones are crap. I have to keep half an eye out for them and “meet’n’greet” if i’m expecting a delivery.

Tracey

Usually get stuff sent to work and most of the time it works.

Had a set of Pikes replaced by Merlin under warranty, first class job. However they were returned to my home address, not a problem as I was going to be home that day. No one turned up, no card left, and on tracking them they had been returned to the depot. Rather than mess about I went and picked them up. Their excuse was that no one was in. No answer about the lack of delivery card

There was a German guy there who had waited in for three deliveries from them and nothing had turned up and no delivery card. The abuse he got from the guy on reception because he complained was disgusting

winston
    Free Member

My parcelforce driver is ace – knows that I’m out on the school run twice a day and that I’m on good terms with all my neighbours so there is never a problem. Also knows that anything in his van marked from CRC is 99.9% likely to be for me!

Also had a light delivered from wiggle today by Royal Mail – must have had 4 texts and 4 emails to let me know it was on its way, it was here and that it had now been delivered. £42 quid for a loaded Power Drive XL ordered on Sunday. LBS has them for £109 and I have to drive/ride 10 miles to get it…..Don’t know how they survive

singlesteed
    Free Member

Sounds like crc got creamed on that then egg.

As if £20 of goodwill was not enough fps…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I like parcelforce

Not any more. Presently waiting for them to turn up for a 5pm collection. Means I’ve missed 3 trains home. Bugger.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I delivered 2 boxes the other day to a flat rang the intercom and no answer wrote a card out.Then 5mins later I was delivering up the road woman came out you left the card.I said I rang she said I know but I was busy.I give in with the public these days 🙂

RickDraper
    Free Member

I had a Colnago C60 with Parcelfarce last week. Day one they could not get to me due to snow, fair enough, DPD man arrived but still i will give them the benefit of the doubt. Day 2 and no sign, no snow etc, drove to the depot in the end to get it, useless work shy bastards.

vincienup
    Free Member

I had a minor issue with crc next day late December. I forget the ins and outs but i was looking to get some bits for the last working day before NY, and the order method chosen should have done it. Tracking and despatch info didn’t match up.

PF gave me no end of borderline lies on the phone, gave up and called CRC who were very concerned to hear what PF had said, refunded delivery and magically got it delivered next day (not new year!) CRC were taking the stand that they take their relationship with PF very seriously. It appears PF have issues with uniform service still…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a business with no margin… things are not going to ever be that good.

While I was back in the UK my folks were waiting 3 days for one parcel, there was a service on the couriers website that you could request a text when they did the delivery before yours so you knew they were coming, 3 days running it was at 5pm… no parcel. After 3 days of complaining they showed up on day 4, I was intrigued how the magic text service worked when all I did was sign a sheet of paper to show delivery.

Various others when I was back over would leave parcels either with neighbours (at least PF uploaded the acceptance signature so I knew who to go and see) or just leave it on the doorstep if it was electronic and raining…

I was waiting all day yesterday for Toll to pick something up, gave in called and said I’d drop it at the deopt, rolled round on my bike to find they had moved (their central office didn’t know that) to way out of town by the airport.

The sooner we can email physical objects the better.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Parcelfarce’ is closed to new replies.