Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Paramo ciclo, light or not light
  • MadBillMcMad

Looking for a winter/shit weather jacket and considering the paramo ciclo.

But just noticed there is a ‘light’ version.

I’ve read they’re quite hot, and I run hot so I’m thinking I’d go for the ‘light’ version.

Also what do people wear under their paramo for cycling.

GregMay
    Free Member

I wouldn’t wear even my lightest Paramo waterproof for cycling – far too warm.

thekettle
    Free Member

I have the regular ciclo and use it for the slow stop-start rides (when coaching mtb) from Oct-April. I run hot and would have got the light version if it was available when I got mine. It’ll be lighter/smaller to carry and more versatile year round. May be less durable, some of Paramo’s light stuff is a bit snaggy.

BadlyWiredDog

Very warm, also cut large. I used one for a month or two and had to go down from medium – my standard size – to small for a trim fit. Never wore it over more than a baselayer and it was still way too warm in anything other than sub-zero temperatures. I’m definitely not small either, worth trying before buying if you can.

MadBillMcMad

Thx all.

I do want it for true winter all day bike packing type rides. I think the light might be OK.

I’ve tried them on, medium appears to fit fine, no idea if it was a light or not though.

chiefgrooveguru

I do want it for true winter all day bike packing type rides. I think the light might be OK.

Should be ideal for that! I’d go with the heavier duty one – it’s not that much heavier and the fabric is quite a lot tougher and more durable.

I’ve ended up with a bit of a Paramo collection but it’s rarely cold enough here on the south coast for more than my Enduro Windproof when MTBing. Really great for other outdoors uses though.

benp1

I usually run quite warm, so didn’t think Paramo would work for me on a bike

But I wore my Paramo Third Element on the bike for a 3 day 2 night bikepacking trip in the Lakes in March. The weather was truly disgusting, it rained the whole time, the worst weekend of weather I’ve ever had.

It kept me dry the whole time, unbelievably considering the weather, and very rarely did I overheat. I was often glad warmth as it was so windy and wet, I was warm on the climbs but that’s pretty standard in almost any clothing

I was so pleased to have worn it. It was rarely actually cold – cool, not cold, windy and very very wet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Paramo ciclo, light or not light’ is closed to new replies.