Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Paralysed Rabbit?
  • JoeG
    Free Member

OP – sorry to hear that he got worse. But without a doubt, you did the right thing.

My sister and her family has a rabbit. It ate something that didn’t agree with it once. Apparently, rabbits can’t vomit so it had to pass through its digestive tract. Theirs was touch and go for that night and the vet said that there was nothing else that he could do. It did recover, but it seems that they’re a lot more fragile than a dog or cat.

tomlevell

alpin – Member

on a tangent… if you have a house rabbit, can you toilet train it?

can’t be doing with the responsibility of a dog, nor do i want a cat scratching the f*** out of my furniture.

what are rabbits like as house pets?

They aren’t good pets full stop really.
    Don’t like being petted.
    Get lonely if they don’t have another with them.
    Fine if your home all the time for them to bond to.
    They will go to the toilet in one place generally.
    They will wee on the carpet though.
    They will drag straw/hay etc everywhere.
    They will live far longer than you think so they aren’t an animal to “try”.

Our original 2 have free run of the lounge and after 3years or so stopped chewing stuff generally but after they have gone it’ll cost another new carpet and a sofa.

Garage rabbit was rescued from the road where he’d been dumped. Quite aggressive and I now can’t put chewable things on the garage floor and a quite a few tyres have been custom cut…

Hamsters and Gerbils are the way forward.
    Cheap/small/don’t last long/easy to palm off onto others when going on holiday.

tomlevell

bencooper – Member

Was quite a bit worse this morning, paralysis had spread to a back leg and he’d spent all night on his side in his own wee. So sadly decided that the game was up and took him to the vet…

Boo

solarpowered
    Free Member

I am so so sorry. Thoughts are with you

franksinatra

That is a shame

I don’t agree with the negative pet posting. We have a rabbit that lives outdoors and comes in in the evening. It took 2 days for him to toilet train himself indoors (I take no credit). He does chew wires but nothing else, these are now out of reach. He likes being stroked and will happily sit on the sofa with the kids watching TV.

I do feel bad about him being alone during the day so going to get him a pal in spring time.

They do cope without all 4 legs, unless they’ve died of course

The voice of a wise person. 😀

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ours are in an indoor hutch all day whilst we’re out. They come down at night with us…..not bad toilet training wise-but not great. One of ours loves being petted the other hates it-they do keep each other company though.

growinglad
    Free Member

We got used to the guinea pigs squeals and my dad said it would do no harm as they were both male but one day the guinea failed to move following a session and it turned out it had had a stroke.

Am I going to hell for laughing so much I nearly spat my raisins out!

One shouldn’t laugh at male rape (or any rape for that matter)…

…But that did appeal to my dark sense of humour!.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

>>post from franksinatra

That is a shame
    <snip>

I do feel bad about him being alone during the day so going to get him a pal in spring time.

Frank – you may find that the bun become less interested in you if you have a friend for him, sad though that sounds. How many hours is he in for in the day? 8-6?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Paralysed Rabbit?’ is closed to new replies.