Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Panorama on Jimmy Saville
  • druidh
    Free Member

It’s a myth

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yeah, I just read it was a ‘hoax’

atlaz
    Free Member

It wasn’t a “hoax” it was a hoax. Paul Merton keeps having to answer questions about it.

Aristotle
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

It wasn’t a “hoax” it was a hoax. Paul Merton keeps having to answer questions about it.

I’m a bit puzzled.

I had never heard the rumours about Jimmy Saville until I watched HIGNFY a few years ago. I remember thinking that they were being very harsh to the chap at the time.

When the ‘revelations’ resurfaced the other week, I was reminded of his appearance on HIGNFY a few years ago.

I wasn’t aware of any “trans-script”. Having just read that “trans-script”, some of it sounded familiar from my “memory” of seeing it, especially the references to a girl’s name.

Maybe this “trans-script” was broadcast subliminally over every episode…

Odd.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO #

I said ‘hoax’ rather than hoax not as I believe the script may have had some inside knowledge rather i consider a hoax to be something light hearted and did not know if was the correct word to use. That is all.

Cougar

Having just read that “trans-script”, some of it sounded familiar from my “memory” of seeing it,

Your memory is wrong. Sorry. The perpetrators are known, they’d been interviewed about it and such.

Cougar

There’s a write-up here.

nealglover
    Free Member

I wasn’t aware of any “trans-script”. Having just read that “trans-script”, some of it sounded familiar from my “memory” of seeing it, especially the references to a girl’s name.

Looks like you were aware of the transcript then ?

but had forgotten about it, and somehow presumed you had seen it rather than read it or been told about it.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Looks like you were aware of the transcript then ?

but had forgotten about it, and somehow presumed you had seen it rather than read it or been told about it.

I don’t recall reading it before, although I’m assuming I must have read it or been told about it years ago. I suppose that the format is so familiar that the words could be projected in the mind onto an image of the chaps on the show.

I’ll have to seek out the actual episode to see if it sparks any real memories.

druidh
    Free Member

IIRC the phoney transcript used part of the actual conversation but included parts that had been “cut” from the original screening. It’s therefore possible that you remember some of the text.

Aristotle
    Free Member

druidh – Member

IIRC the phoney transcript used part of the actual conversation but included parts that had been “cut” from the original screening. It’s therefore possible that you remember some of the text.

That would make more sense, hence only remembering some of it…

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ll have to seek out the actual episode to see if it sparks any real memories.

It won’t.

Paul Murton was talking about it on Radio 2 a couple of weeks ago.

He said it was perfectly normal episode with no scandal or anything relating to the contents of the fake transcript.

yunki
    Free Member

I wish everyone would stop criticising Jimmy Saville.. I didn’t have much as a kid, and when I was eight years old, Jimmy fixed it for me to milk a cow blindfolded..

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I wish everyone would stop criticising Jimmy Saville.. I didn’t have much as a kid, and when I was eight years old, Jimmy fixed it for me to milk a cow blindfolded..

Every cloud, every cloud…

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Excellent, I was going to start a thread on here asking where all the Jimmy Savile jokes are, but I thought I might get a banning.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

Dear Jim,

Please could you fix it for the girl in my class who I really fancy to come on holiday with me ?

Yours sincerely

Jeremy Forrest aged 30

konabunny
    Free Member

not too long ago in the UK, older men taking (and “taking” is probably right) very much younger brides is/was closer to the norm.

Yeah, yeah, but we’re talking about the seventies and eighties in the UK. It’s not that radically different from now. Child abuse, assaulting the comatose and necrophilia weren’t close to the norm. That much is obvious from the fact he apparently didn’t do it openly.

grum
    Free Member

I saw it. I don’t understand why the BBC are being made to be the main villains. Whether they showed the Newsnight documentary is irrelevant in the light of complicity in Healthcare institutions to collude with JS practices. it is also irrelevant in the light of south yorkshire police failing to act on official complaints.

Also, the tabloids are having a field day slagging off the BBC for covering this up, but how much info must they have been holding back in this over the years? Very difficult to believe they didn’t know about it.

El-bent
    Free Member

Also, the tabloids are having a field day slagging off the BBC for covering this up, but how much info must they have been holding back in this over the years? Very difficult to believe they didn’t know about it.

Truly pot calling kettle black.

The BBC as an institution is taking a lot of flack. I bet the Catholic Church is breathing a sigh of relief at the moment.

wrecker
    Free Member

What 4 words do you not want to hear after sex. ” How’s about that then ”

ohnohesback
    Free Member

but WHY has it become the BBC’s problem? Entwhistle would’ve gone up in my eatimation had he told the MPs that “Newsnight decided not to progress with the story as it was considered to be tabloid muck-raking unsuited to a serious news programme”.

wrecker
    Free Member

“Newsnight decided not to progress with the story as it was considered to be tabloid muck-raking unsuited to a serious news programme”.

He’d look very stupid now if he had.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I don’t think so. Leave the JS story to the likes of ITV or Channel 5.

wrecker
    Free Member

He worked for the BBC. It cannot ignore that this went on under their watch.

grievoustim
    Free Member

The papers are giving the BBC hell on this because they have their own agenda

Murdoch and the mail are fiercely anti publicly funded broadcasting and will use any stick they can to beat the BBC with

Unfortunately the BBC keep making a mess of their handling of these things

atlaz
    Free Member

Even if the BBC hadn’t screened anything, they’d come out of it a lot better if they’d taken ALL the evidence to the police and handed it over.

konabunny
    Free Member

The papers are giving the BBC hell on this because they have their own agenda

Yes, but the BBC acted like any other big corporation and dug their own grave.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Panorama on Jimmy Saville’ is closed to new replies.