Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pannier gone AWOL on South Downs Way
  • gashousecreek
    Free Member

I wonder if anyone can help reunite me with my black Altura pannier? I was cycling the South Downs Way from Winchester to Eastbourne. Late on Friday afternoon (7th August) my pannier, unnoticed by me, bounced off my bike as I cycled on. I discovered it was lost near Washington. I retraced the route for about 4 miles and asked several other cyclists and walkers if they had seen it, but to no avail. My best guess is that it fell off somewhere between Amberley and Washington most likely on a descent (heading East).

It contains: a sleeping bag, a wash bag, a small tool kit, a first aid kit and a small LED light. If anyone knows of its whereabouts please could you let me know.

Many thanks,
    Steve

globalti
    Free Member

Tried asking the Police? That’s where most people seem to dump found stuff.

Or post a picture on a nearby tree offering a reward in case a regular or a local found it.

You have checked carefully in all the ditches? I once found a cow’s head in a ditch with a bullet hole in it.

wombat

I once found a cow’s head in a ditch with a bullet hole in it.

Did you return it to the person who’d lost it off their rack?

gashousecreek
    Free Member

Yep, Sussex Police have got their brightest and best on the job! Finding it difficult to forget the cow’s head thing.

gashousecreek
    Free Member

Still haven’t quite given up on this yet. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Rode it on Friday, no sign I’m afraid.

I did notice one hanging on a post on the cliff top near Rottingdean, its way off course so Im Guessing not yours. I’ll investigate later in the week

gashousecreek
    Free Member

Thanks for that – much appreciated!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Sorry, no sign of it. Hope it turns up

gashousecreek
    Free Member

Thanks for keeping an eye-out. It’s now been officially recorded as Lost In Action. Cheers.

eskay

Not that it is of any help at all to you but (coincidentally) I saw one on the Bath-Bristol cycle path on Friday. Is it common for them to fall off?

gashousecreek
    Free Member

It was my own fault, I hadn’t secured it properly. The South Downs Way is a bumpy old ride; I was knackered and failed to check behind often enough!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pannier gone AWOL on South Downs Way’ is closed to new replies.