Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Panasonic Lumix LX5
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I just purchased an LX5 from a supplier that was claiming it was ‘UK stock’ and not an import. However, the charger supplied comes with a flip out US (two flat pin) style connection and a big white international converter plug.
    Is this really how Panasonic supply the camera in the UK?

molgrips
    Free Member

Some are supplied like that. Some come with a generic power supply with the appropriate plug that you clip on.

Look at the manuals and papers. If it’s UK there’ll be loads of EU legal warranty stuff in there.

rickmeister

One of ours came like that… the others have a generic flat two pin fitting like a radio lead and a three pin adaptor.. its hard to describe this!

An Apple Mac plug fits the charger and this is what we use…

Sorry if this is confusing.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Ok – definitely a US one. Focus measurements in feet plus US/Puerto Rico manual.

AlexSimon

Best wishes with the return. Great camera though! Keep meaning to upgrade my LX3 to one while the LX3 is still fairly desirable.

molgrips
    Free Member

Complain!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Crafty – came from CameraBox.co.uk. Price and warranty combo very good and their google ad says ‘Not HK import like SimplyElectronics’ which obviously means ‘US import not HK import….’

Don’t suppose it really matters. Units don’t matter as it’s only on manual focus, warranty is via them anyway. Charger’s not ideal but actually when abroad might be more convenient.

AlexSimon

The only thing it might affect is resale value. But then again, it might not. People wont be quite as fussy when it’s already used I guess

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

and it wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t clearly state on their website “UK Stock”……

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m torn between one of these and a Canon S95. Am I right in thinking they don’t have a built in flash? can you use any kind of add-on flash with them? Will you post up some general snap shots. Thanks, Paul

vrapan
    Free Member

I am sure it does have a built in flash my LX3 does.

imn

LX5 has built-in flash on top left side (viewed from screen), which pops up when a release switch is pressed. I’ve used the S90 and LX5 and prefer the Panasonic, with the only downsides being lens cap, slightly larger dimensions and non-familiarity with options (used Canon compacts for a while). I find the aspect ratio switch useful to give more framing options.

Handling on the S90/95 can be improved with aftermarket stick-on finger grip.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Can someone link me to some of their pics taken with the LX3 and/or LX5, please. I’m wanting to see the quality of just general point and shoot, family and sport type ones, not arty or manipulated. Thanks

m-a-t-t
    Free Member

These were all taken with an LX3

Precious Cargo

Dubai

Great little camera

STATO
    Free Member

and it wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t clearly state on their website “UK Stock”……

I only ever take that to mean ‘we have them here already so you wont be waiting 6 weeks for delivery’ not this is a UK retail model (which you dont expect more at those reduced prices)

elliott-20
    Free Member

I love my LX3, faultless. The LX5 comes from good heritage although I would still be reluctant to ‘upgrade’. 🙂

AlexSimon

There’s only one real problem with the LX3 and it’s the stupid stupid aspect ratio slider which needs to be in one position for photos and one for videos. If it’s in 4:3 for videos it takes crappy quality video.

They fixed this with the LX5

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Panasonic Lumix LX5’ is closed to new replies.