Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Panaracer fire XC tyres – opinions
  • emac65
    Free Member

These are a bomb proof all round tyre and for the money you cannot ask for any more! I ride them all year round, they shed mud quickly and roll well in the dry, they climb rocky slabs, decend greasy wet slabs and roots no problems. Perhaps the negative comments about their performance are due to poor bike handling skills. Get them and try them out you wont look back honestly. Forget expensive yuppie tyres stick with the tried and tested ones.

I’m sorry but regardless of the rider’s biking skills,I don’t think Steve-I’m-the-best-rider-Lance-Pharmstrong could make the fire XC shed mud quickly………

avdave2

The off road part of my commute is 5 miles, when I ran XC pros in the winter I was stopping 3 or 4 times on a ride as the wheels could no longer rotate! They are pretty good for the money, I still have a pair on one bike but they are not a tyre for mud.

rockymerlin
    Free Member

I think they’re great. Wheres the deal goin down?

ratherbeintobago

Ran UST Fire XC Pros for a year or so (until the back was worn to semi-slick). They were OK; I think they’re a better compound that the cheaper ones but being UST they weighed a fair amount.

Thinking about something more modern for this year (having worn out a set of Mud Xs). When I eventually get back on the bike. In about six months time. New baby due in two weeks…

Andy

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I’ve always found that these tyres split opinions into two distinct camps, as this thread is ably demonstrating.

The XC Pro’s biggest problem is that it does nothing brilliantly, but it copes with most stuff pretty well. In my view this means that you buy a pair, fit them and then go ride your bike rather than partaking in the endless ‘what tyres for…’ discussions you get on here.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer fire XC tyres – opinions’ is closed to new replies.