Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Panaracer Cinders & Stans Crest Rims……….
  • bigdonx
    Free Member

………anyone tried this combo? Did it work?

Tried putting a Cinder on a Crest rim last night and it blew off the rim in quite spectacular fashion at about 35psi. Had been using the very same tyre on a Sun Rim with Stans rubber strips with no problem at all prior to this – so assumed it to be fine.

So is it a bad combo, or a dodgy tyre??

Cheers

bigjim

I thought Panaracer were on the stan’s list of tyres of death but they don’t seem to be now, so, no idea.

bigdonx
    Free Member

I had that same thought bigjim, but I too checked and found that they are not on the list of death tyres (anymore??) – this is why I’m wondering if anyone else has tried them and had success/failure/deafness??

njee20
    Free Member

They always were specifically recommended against. I’d not be going there!

honourablegeorge

Where’s Stan’;s list of death?

bigdonx
    Free Member

Here’s the List of death. I can confirm that IRC tyres – as per the list – don’t work either!!

eshershore
    Free Member

never had any luck installing customers’ Panaracer tires onto Stans ZTR rims of any flavour

advised these customers to use Specialized Control (2 Bliss) tires (i.e. Purgatory, Storm, Captain, Eskar, Fast Trak, etc.) which seat easily with a track pump, don’t leak or roll and work with minimum fuss in the long term 😉

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I have cinders on two Crest rims with no problem at all, maybe a little extra sealant to keep them up. However I recently put a cinder on a thrid wheel with a crest rim and I don’t think I got it seated perfectly and had the same experience, a big bang at about 35-40psi and a mist of sealant. I topped up the sealant, re-seated the tyre on the rim and re-inflated, its been fine since. I’d suggest you just try repositioning the tyre on the rim and go to 30psi, and seal the sidewalls, then go up to 35psi if you want to.

bigdonx
    Free Member

esher shore – sounds good to me, when I read your post I remembered I had been looking for a good excuse to try a set of the Spesh Storms for the winter – now I have the perfect excuse…….

bigdonx
    Free Member

baronspudulike – I think even if I could get the Cinders to work – I don’t think I’d be 100% confident given my recent experiences – shame beacause I quite like the Cinder as a tyre, and I have three of them in reasonably good nick………nevermind.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer Cinders & Stans Crest Rims……….’ is closed to new replies.