Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Panaracer Cinder tyres – puncture magnets?
  • nick3216
    Free Member

Getting shitloads* on these myself. Discuss.

* technical term.

scaredypants

do they still make these or are they 10yr old ?
    (maybe they perish?)

angryratio
    Free Member

They are indeed still available.

Depends where you ride.

Is it thorns or glass?

carlos
    Free Member

Ran the Cinder 2.25 on a Mtb F&R a few yrs back, rode it like I stole it everywhere round the Peak, Marin, Penmachno, Llandegla etc.. and wouldn’t say I got any more than the lads I was riding with.
    Maybe your just unlucky

nick3216
    Free Member

thorns. no pinch punctures. I pick a line and ride light not blindly crash through everything.

angryratio
    Free Member

I found pressures were massively important when using panaracer stuff in the past..

took bloody ages to get um to feel right.

richmtb

I like Panaracer tyres cheap and reliable

I found Cinders to be pretty tough. No puncture issues. I use Rampages now as they are a bit faster

Rickos
    Free Member

No problems with mine. If it’s thorns then any tyre would suffer, shirley.

Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

Been using Cinder 2.1 for about the last year, very pleased with them. Had lots of punctures when I used Decathlon tubes in them (false economy!), no problems since switching to continental tubes.

(Not sure if i’ve got the PR version
    http://www.panaracer.com/mtb.php#cinder)

superdale
    Free Member

I have found the same as Gibby. Been running 2.1s for years and depends a lot on the quality of inner tube you use with them. I ride Malverns lots of granite so occasionally pinch puncture them, but if you are finding thorns a problem try chaning the tubes. They are great in the wet at places like Afan.
    Have just ordered some PR Rampages as the Cinders are quite an old design now hoping they are even better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer Cinder tyres – puncture magnets?’ is closed to new replies.