Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Palm tree's???????
  • jonnyrockymountain

I’am wanting a palm tree in my garden, does anyone know of any good garden centre’s that stock good sized palm tree’s approx 75 mile radius of Huddersfield where I can see? cheers.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

D0NK

110 what per kilo?

wwaswas

bananas.

they’re very light ones.

thepurist

Trachycarpus fortunei’s what you’re after. Load’s of place’s on the net sell’s them.

globalti
    Free Member

Palm tree’s nuts?

MoreCashThanDash

Palm tree’s nuts?

Bit harsh, it might grow OK.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wye knot sum pampa’s gras’s?

Cougar

Let me translate the above.

You see that key between “;” and “#” ? Stop pressing it.

HTH.

tinribz
    Free Member

Saw one in HomeSense this week (York) bout 7ft tall, looked fairly legit but suspect it would not be getting any bigger and not that cheap.

Hohum
    Free Member

http://www.thepalmhouse.co.uk/

Home – 2019

Either place would sort you out with a good one and both are highly recommended sellers.

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers HO HUM, a least a sensible reply!

antigee

they don’t take real cold too well – we had one given as a gift around 2002 but the really cold 2011 ? -17degs winter killed it – had a tree guy round clearing some stuff walked down garden to ask him if it was dead and he’d already cut it down – saying hadn’t seen one that had survived – arctic monkey end of sheffield
    UKIP clacton probably ok

mrjmt
    Free Member

Try giving vertigrow near York a call.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I have a lot of tropical plants and last bought some tree ferns from these guys.

Click

I had ‘issues’ but they were good enough to send me another without a problem.

FYI Trachycarpus Fortuneii are very hardy, will withstand -25. I planted one in 2000 and its pretty big now.

Alternatives are these which the dark green ones are very hardy and eventually grow very big. You may need to protect them in v cold weather, but if they do die back at the top they always sprout again at the bottom.

scruff
    Free Member

Like antigee above – ours died in that winter, I cut it off at ground level however it started growing back the next summer without any help and its now a few feet tall. I’ve no idea what sort it is but its never grown bananananas and the dead frond/leaf things destroy cheap lawn movers.

Rockape63
    Free Member

It will be a cordyline. They are the most popular ‘palms’ and cheaper than the real tropical options. These are great plants and you see some that are enormous and multi stemmed.

Nico
    Free Member

Seeing as we’re being precise it should be Trachycarpus fortuneii. The specific part of the name is lower case.

Rockape63
    Free Member

🙄 Blimey….who’s being a bit picky this afternoon then?

info

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Palm tree's???????’ is closed to new replies.