Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pakistani high commissioner – Cricketers were set up…
  • -Liam-
    Free Member

And the what?!

How exactly does he come to that conclusion? (apart from jumping to it from a great height?)

Just show's how inherently corrupt that country is…Even its government are backing cheats..

He looks like a used car salesman as well 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, had to chuckle at his comments.

aracer
    Free Member

Was Derren Brown involved?

-Liam-
    Free Member

Was Derren Brown involved?

Perhaps Gordan Brown – He's a lying Cu** as well 😀

binners

Some people haven't got a clue have they. The evidence is pretty damning. I think a bit of contrition might be in order. But nobody does that any more do they?

-Liam-
    Free Member

There was a fraction of a second where the reporter asked him to confirm that he thought the players were set up, that you could tell he was already regretting saying what he was about to say. Bit late in the day for a bit of Contrition for those boys now though 😀

anokdale
    Free Member

Having worked in Pakistan thankfully for a short period i would say it is the most openly corrupt country i have been to, everything costs even if you have already paid for it. I work in Risk Management and was involved in a kidnap ?? of a local in itself a dodgy deal more likely a pension fund exercise. I remember the Police driver who was to take the cash to the drop off wanting a percentage of the randsom as his payment !!! The rest of the officrs had had their cut so where was his.

These players are wrong and dodgy and scummy but what they did is the norm to them and the salary they receive compared to the money the Pakistan administers receive from the game makes them continue to try and make extra money.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am sure this backwater corrup third world nation looks on enviously at the high standards set by the beacon of journalistic integrity that is the News of the World….not like they have ever done anything illegal now is it?
    illegal phone tapping journalist does bird editor resigns gets done for bullying at employment tribunal becomes press secretary for the Conservative Party and is now Press secretary for PM
    Yes it is beyond belief that they were set up and/or the paper lied. This country is a bastion of all things good and noble. We have moral politicians and integrity the envy of all the countries we once exploited. If only they were more like us

ComradeD
    Free Member
    RustySpanner

Bit daft to deny it if the News of the World have concrete proof that the video was made BEFORE the alleged offences took place.

However, if they can't prove when the video was shot, then there is always the possibility that it was a set up.

Seem to remember a very similar thing happening in the FA Cup Final a few years back, with the players themselves betting on, then engineering the time of the first throw in.
    But of course, they were decent British fraudsters, not nasty, corrupt Pakistani ones. 🙂

-Liam-
    Free Member

The thought did cross my mind but as the implications are that massive for world cricket as a whole, i can't possibly ever see a scenario where the notw would fabricate the story. It would shut them down if they did! Also, there are apparently more revelations coming this sunday as well.

BigJohn

I was on holiday at the time, so didn't hear all the details, but what it sounded like is that the News of the World paid somebody £150,000 to cheat.

So how come the News of the World isn't being done for bribery and corruption?

-Liam-
    Free Member

Its not quite that simple lol

Point is that there is already a chap in place who happens to be part of the players management/agent team that is willing to direct his players to bowel no balls at certain points so that he can sell that info to spot betters who in turn place money on it and obviously win.

Spot betting is big business in the far east and often implicated in organised crime within sport hence all the fuss.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pakistani high commissioner – Cricketers were set up…’ is closed to new replies.