Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Paisley Freight – good service!
  • globalti
    Free Member

I’ve used Paisley Freight four times now for bikes and wheels and been really impressed with their web booking service and the speed of their replies to any queries. Yesterday I realised that I had made a mistake on the destination postcode so more in hope than anything I emailed them and within a few minutes got a reply with a corrected address label.

Admittedly they only act as agents for the dreaded TNT who once wrecked a bike for me but their booking and admin services seem pretty good and they are willing to accept all kinds of parcels that TNT won’t accept if you go to them direct.

sandwicheater

Yep, used them a few times and never an issue.

kimbers

Yeah another thumbs up from me

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sent 4 x 17″ alloy wheel rims with them a few year back. Cheapest by far and delivered quickly and in one piece.

DezB
    Free Member

I have used Paisley in the past and they were fine. Cheaper alternatives seem to be available these days through – http://www.interparcel.com/
    City Link were good when I used that site. About £15 to send a complete bike.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Paisley got a few bad reviews on here a while ago, but I’ve posted a number of bikes with them and it’s always been straight forward.

bearnecessities

Top tip, don’t select the default “bike” option – measure the bike box and type measurements in as you would for any other parcel.

Always comes up cheaper; last time I sent (a year or so back) it cost me £13.

coomber
    Free Member

Thought Paisley dont insure bikes though? Unless I read their small print wrong. Ok if you are sending something cheap, but I would worry on anything nice/expensive

Jamie
    Free Member

Thought Paisley dont insure bikes though? Unless I read their small print wrong. Ok if you are sending something cheap, but I would worry on anything nice/expensive

Like any courier, they charge extra for insurance:

coomber
    Free Member

Again might be wrong but I thought that bikes were excluded from that list, insurance amounts or not.

ali69er
    Free Member

Two bikes shipped to NZ when we emigrated along with suitcase and a box of stuff. Fraction of the price and they arrived quicker than we did. Sort of, they left 2 days before us. Only hold up was with customs which was our fault.

Would recommend.

Jamie
    Free Member

Again might be wrong but I thought that bikes were excluded from that list, insurance amounts or not.

Doesn’t seem to be the case. If you go through the bike delivery option, it gives you the above insurance options.

Nobby

Used them a few times without issue. Their standard insurance is pants but he additional cover you buy gives full accidental damage – the small print:

Paisley Freight provide free insurance on push bikes/tandem bikes/tricycles/electric bikes of £5 per kilogram for total loss in transit only, in cases where extra insurance is required for accidental damage please select an amount above.

revs1972
    Free Member

Tried to get them to collect and deliver a rear bench seat from a vw caravelle from Norwich to Exeter. Phoned up to ask if I can class as a car seat, she didn’t know, so she asked someone, and they said no.
    So I priced it up using overall sizes, and weight which cost another £7 , but hey ho.
    Put seat Iin the description of goods. . Transaction went through ok.
    Received email an hour later stating I could not send it and I’m getting full refund.
    I asked why they couldn’t carry it, answer came back stating I was told they couldn’t carry it as it would not fit their conveyor system. So I asked if I had a box that had dimensions I gave , and the weight I gave, could they carry it. They said yes…….. ISO I asked why they couldn’t carry my ” parcel”, they said because it was a car seat and would not fit on their conveyor system ….. I gave up and went elsewhere (£30 more expensive)

coomber
    Free Member

Thanks for clarifying. I should really not type without thinking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Paisley Freight – good service!’ is closed to new replies.