Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Paintwork on Genesis Altitude 10
  • Pickle1941
    Free Member

Hi
    Got hold of a 2010 Genesis altutude 10 with the Reynolds 520 frame. After a weekend of not-very-hardcore thrashing over the hills, I've found the paint job to be very flaky, which on a white bike shows up pretty conspicuously.

At the risk of sounding a bit precious, has anyone had a similar experience? What are the best touch-up paints/methods and is a re-paint feasible? My main concern isn't cosmetic (honest), it's more about properly protecting a steel frame.

Any advice much appreciated

mboy
    Free Member

Paint is a bit thin on them, my Altitude frame has lost a bit since I got it. Nothing really to worry about though, just spray a bit of WD40 or GT85 on the offending areas every so often if you ride it in wet conditions.

Or email Genesis (who are a helpful bunch anyway) and ask them what to use as touch up paint…

Pickle1941
    Free Member

Cheers mboy, took advantage of boss watching the footie to email Genesis and already had a reply. He also suggested car touch-up paint, but like you said nothing to worry about.

Otherwise, absolutely love the bike, steel frame is brilliant.

james-o
    Free Member

Hi – just replied to your email

James

edit – good timing )

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

or get it powder coated for ~£50 for a good job (I've paid £20 for one but it was a bit rough). Much tougher than paint.

tron
    Free Member

I've always found powder coat to come off in massive chunks if corrosion takes hold. A lot worse than paint does.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Paintwork on Genesis Altitude 10’ is closed to new replies.