Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Paintshop Pro X4 Ultimate
  • Anyone used it?

Forget commenting on X3, as this is widely regarded as being crap and glitchy – is X4 any better?

I’ve read some complimentary reviews and some not so complimentary – is it worth trying rather than shelling out hundreds on Photoshop? It has loads more features than Elements apparently.

Also, are the Nik Color Efex filters with the ultimate version worth an extra £17?

Ta

Sorry to bump, but do none of the photographers on here use it?

Is it that crap?

stumpy01

I’ve been looking into this recently. I have a dodgy copy of CS2 on my PC that i put on years ago, but have now decided that isn’t really the way forward.
    I’ve just got a new laptop so want to put legit software on it.

I’ve been using a trial copy of Elements 10, which seems to do most of what I want it to do, but not all. Apparently there’s a plug-in for it that some bloke has developed that gives you almost CS5 levels of functionality. But, I haven’t tried this to see if it’s any good.

I have read various reviews of the latest Paintshop Pro. I think that most of them are positive, with the main problems being that it can be slow to process certain changes & deal with RAW files. But, it definitely seems to be more feature packed than Elements. I almost bought it just to see what it was like, as it can be had for <£50.

At the moment though, I think I am going to do a course at a local college & purchase the full version of CS5, from their educational store. You can get it for <£200 if you are in education. I need to check, but it is valid even if you are on a part-time course, but the education establishment has to provide full-time courses too…..you just have to send over a scanned copy of your student ID.

stumpy01

Here’s the plug-in site:

It costs $12

http://simplephotoshop.com/elementsplus/index.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Paintshop Pro X4 Ultimate’ is closed to new replies.