Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Painting the render behind my stove.
  • dantsw13

My new wood burner has a rendered wall inside the fireplace. I’m thinking using emulsion instead of masonry paint, so it absorbs rather than sitting “on” the render near the fire. Will this work? (One thinned coat to seal then a second.)

jerseychaz

Yes! Its all I ever do. Also, its easy to repaint periodically.

Andy

After research I used some sort of Lime based paint I had made up at a local paint shop – still good after 15 years 😀

core

On a slight tangent – the fireplace around my wood burner is brick on all 3 sides, but not nice brick that should be exposed, it’s painted, and looks alright. However it really needs some pointing up and another coat or 2 of paint to tidy it up – what would you point up with given the temperature?

Andy

Sorry – I was talking about painting the fireplace around the side and back of my woodburner.

lovewookie

I saw reindeer.

:-/

slowoldgit
    Free Member

ISTR my stove chap saying the alcove should be painted with matt emulsion, not gloss. But I forget why.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what would you point up with given the temperature?

It wont get that hot[ wont even get to 50 C anywhere near it[ if it does it is too close] so normal mortar.

bruneep

As did I

dantsw13

I love it when a title jumps out as something it isn’t!

Thanks for the replies – matt emulsion it is then.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Much to the annoyance of the wife I never panted mine because I just couldn’t make my mind up what colour to paint it, I think it just gives it the rustic look

fluided
    Free Member

I left the surround on mine as I thought it looked better and I was to lazy to paint it 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Painting the render behind my stove.’ is closed to new replies.