Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Painting in the road….
  • DT78
    Free Member

Just watching the commonwealth race. Thought struck me, it seems the norm to write stuff on the road, but is it legal or frowned upon? I remember going up box hill just after the Olympics and ‘go cav’ was quite cool to see.

I’m half thinking about a ‘go daz’ on my favourite local hill….

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Went to Alps a couple of years ago to see the tour and some English lads had painted a huge knob and bollox half way up climb. Made me smile anyway. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Quite a bit of it on the road at rivington.

There was a triathlon went over the hill there a couple of weeks ago.

I know it was encouraged at the tdf in Yorkshire. Probably less so for weekend warriors.

billytinkle
    Free Member

The thought of painting a few things on a part of my daily commute is very appealing.

andytherocketeer

there a school pedestrian crossing here, with a boy+girl holding hands painted in the road a bit like the road sign. someone amended them with the appropriate gender grown-up parts.

google satellite view is not quite high enough resolution

tomkerton
    Free Member

Hehehe I’m inspired To do a midnight trip with some paint on some of my road routes.

In true STW fashion…. Anyone recommend a good paint for road writing!?

parkesie
    Free Member

Talc

duncancallum

In rivington there were big signs saying not to paint the road as its an offence. Didn’t stop some knobheaded **** writing racist shit all over the top of sheep house lane

iainc

Police were stopping folk doing it this morning on road race route in Glasgow

mcnultycop

The stuff left from the TDF on Cragg Vale cheered me up as I ground my way up it yesterday.. Only one cock drawn there, from memory.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Painting in the road….’ is closed to new replies.