Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • pain relief
  • seizednuts
    Free Member

Had a tooth out this morning. anastetic is wearing off.
    Whats a good pain killer and how many can I take with out ODing?

iDave
    Free Member

crystal meth, or clove oil

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

crystal meth

crystal meth teeth

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

co-codamol and ibuprofen together, I was given it when I tore ACL in knee made me feel like I was out of it! Not sure on dosages, I would just go and ask a pharmacist.

gusamc
    Free Member

ibuprofren

read the packet – as tablet strength varies

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If it's ibuprofen you can take 1 x 400mg tablet 3-4 times a day, if it's 200mg then you can take 2 at any one time 3-4 times a day. Just do it with food and not on an empty stomach.

Drac

Assuming you have no allergies or under lying conditions then Ibuprofen or Paracetamol with codeine. Following the instructions on the packets and stop if if causes you any problems.

BitterBaldingFatty
    Free Member

You can take ibuprofen and co-codamol (paracetamol and codeine) in conjunction with each other. Both are available over the counter. As Munqe-chick says, you can take the 200mg dose more frequently. When in pain, rather than 2 tablets 3/4 times a day, I take 1 tablet every 2/3 waking hours so that the dose is fairly constant.

Co-codamol is 8mg codeine vs 500mg paracetamol. If you can get your hands on it, Prodeine Forte is better (30mg codeine vs 500mg paracetamol), but I think it's prescription only.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The pain will be gone in the morning. I would just use an ice pack to numb the area.

69er
    Free Member

3rd for ibuprofen and co-codamol. And the pain won't be gone in the morning….my tooth came out yesterday and the pain is ebbing and flowing nicely.

Drac

Why be in pain now why you have a choice.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I have had teeth extracted and been fine, it could be a case that we all have different pain thresholds ?

theotherjonv

if you take a paracetomol / codeine based one and an ibuprofen based one, you can also stagger them so that as one dose weras off the other kicks in.

You will be shitting bullets though……

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘pain relief’ is closed to new replies.