• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JCL.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pain in the arse…
  • superfinlay
    Free Member

Im not ashamed to say that I’ve really struggled in the past (e.g. Solo at the puffer, etc) with my ass and what feels like riding with glass in my shorts after approx the 12hr point, excruciating and what I’m probably most anxious about going into the puffer again next month – Im an experienced cyclist and have tried most things, but whats you’re ‘secret’ for a happy behind during such rides? Does hair removal offer any relief, seriously…I’d consider anything to avoid that level of pain again?

parkesie
    Free Member

Nut butter or minty arse lard.

njee20
    Free Member

Two pairs of shorts.

lucien

Don’t go for hair removal, of any description. It opens the pores too much, given the area you are considering, this leads to some potentially grim infections / saddle sores / boils and the like.

Cut the foliage, don’t remove it all together.

Northwind

Enough time spent on motorbikes to kill every nerve ending (and possibly make me as sterile as a mule). Sorted.

fastindian
    Free Member

Is the pain in your but or in the perineum? if its in your perineum you need the likes of a selle italia SLR, selle smp or my personal fav an ISM Typhoon (the selles have a central cut out channel, the ISM has a central channel and is noseless)

poly
    Free Member

“glass in shorts” sounds like ‘chaffing’ rather than an uncomfortable saddle? In which case Udder Cream applied liberally seems to work. As a preventative, apply thoroughly to the chamois and the offending areas – and when I say liberally I mean much more than you probably think – you are not putting on a baby’s nappy here is wants to be ‘dripping’ in the stuff. Easily topped up too. Can be added after chaffage happens too – but obviously prevention is best.

crikey
    Free Member

You get chafing when the sweat dries out; little salt crystals on sensitive skin = Ouch.

As above, plaster the area with cream, either chamois cream or just plain old moisturising cream, but loads and loads of it.

moonwrasse
    Free Member

Assos chamois cream. Slap it on, then some more. Also try a leather saddle. They move with you more. I switched to a leather saddle this year.. Its been a Transformation

superfinlay
    Free Member

Excellent thanks everyone, I got a brooks Cambium from Santa too which I’m hoping will help. Did a 5.5hr ride last week out of the box and I didn’t even notice it, which I guess is only a good thing.

epicyclo

My ‘Puffer prep is

Vaseline. No chamois. Hard saddle.

Oh, and single speed – it keeps your arse off the saddle.

Done 8 solo ‘Puffers so far and no posterior problems.

househusband

If you’re left with a burning pain after riding Canestan works for me!

JCL
    Free Member

Peeled banana in arse crack. Legendary.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pain in the arse…’ is closed to new replies.