Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Paedophiles, got a spare £18,000?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

….as apparently some parents are willing to turn a blind eye for a bit of cash

A charity has condemned the parents of a four-year-old boy who accepted money from a man who sexually abused him instead of reporting him to the police.

-bbc.co.uk

😐

zaskar
    Free Member

Didn't Michael Jackson do the same?

I'd never accept money if they did that to my Son!

I'd kick their teeth in/go to police.

Obviously we don't know the true story other than tabloid press.

kimbers

or just become a catholic priest

if only gary glitter had realised that hed be on his fith parish by now and looking forward to meet the pope when he pops over soon to teach us all how to be moral

SuperScale20
    Free Member

The parents need locking up for doing something like that, the law is all wrong. They are just as bad as the Paedo why would you let them off with just a telling off, look at all the other children they put at risk.

They make my blood boil and they certainly dont deserve kids.

BigDummy
    Free Member

A tricky one. It's difficult to frame a law that criminalises this without casting a very wide net over huge numbers of people who know that crimes are committed and don't report them. Unless we make a special exception for child sex crimes as we do for some terrorist offences, which isn't very easy to justify. 😐

I think the fact that the kid was four makes this particular case rather clear-cut. If, say, the boy had been 14 and previously sexually active anyway I suppose one might say that if he wasn't terribly worried about it all then good on the parents for getting his university tuition fees paid rather than causing a fuss. But it's pretty grim. 🙁

Curly68
    Free Member

I heard this on the radio today and was quite incensed by it. I wouldn't give a hoot about the money, he would be in a hospital with severe injuries. The arguments were 60/40 I would have said. Yes they got money and apparently asked for it but cannot be prosecuted for blackmail as they didn't demand with menaces (alledgedly).
    Was the money for the son that was abused or did it go towards counselling at a later date? No, they used it as a deposit on a house. Then the son talked about the ordeal as he was still clearly suffering from it, and thats how it came about.
    The family got the money, the bloke moved away and they thought that was that. Until the boy talked. Perhaps they didn't think how it affected their son? I don't think what they did was right and that they thought more about themselves than they did of their son and what he went through.
    Maybe the social services should look into it more. I don't think that they are worthy enough to be parents.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

BigDummy they used the money for the deposit on a house.

woffle
    Free Member

Until the boy talked.

They should have had an Catholic clergyman on hand to make the little sod swear an oath. That usually works.

Oh…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Indeed. It does all sound very sordid and selfish.

binners

Pah! Thats nothing. Horas already sold his son into slavery, and he's not even been born yet!!!

Still waiting Hora? 😀

mudshark
    Free Member

So they left him free to strike again. Lovely.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Paedophiles, got a spare £18,000?’ is closed to new replies.