Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pads for Hope Tech M4?
  • Big-Chris
    Free Member

After starting a couple of "which brakes" & "which wheels" threads recently, I've bought Hope Pro 2 with DT Swiss 500 rims and Hope Tech M4 brakes (should arrive today).
    Big club trip to north Wales planned for next weekend, so I need spare pads.
    Any advice? Someone on MTBR reckoned that the stock Hope pads squeal & recommended carbonised ceramic pads. Anyone know anything about these?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stock hope sintered for me – last thousands of miles so I never carry spares sets. Bed 'em in properly

smeg
    Free Member

Don't know about the carbonised ceraminc ones but I usually just buy a pack of 4 Hope Sintered from Merlin for £40, keeps me going for a good while and don't have squealing issues on my Tech M4's.

thefallguy
    Free Member

+1 for the Hope pads – swap to std compound for the warmer months tho, better than the others I've tried IMO

foxyrider
    Free Member

Stock hope sintered for me

+1 for me.

BTW Mine stopped squeaking after I lightly sanded my discs with fine wet'n'dry – I think my discs were a bit glazed as my new wheetset with same rotors on were fine 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Mine have had the stock pads in since new on a DH bike. Have been fine for the last 6 months & still not on their last legs.

I have some spare Hope sintered pads to chuck in after I got when CRC were mugging them out at £7 a pair so will see how I go with them too 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

Just don't use the organic ones in crappy/gritty conditions as you'll be lucky to get a day's riding out of them.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Hope organics

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pads for Hope Tech M4?’ is closed to new replies.