Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • padded grips
  • marko75
    Free Member

looking for some new lock on grips for my trip to the alps – quite like thickly padded ones. any suggestions?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve gone through loads and tried loads and have a habit or riding on the out edge of my grips, just changed to psi elite pro, not too thick loads of grip, single lock ring and a kind of oval shape for your palm

chakaping
    Free Member

Oury are pretty comfy.

The slip-on ones can be a bugger to get off though, so not the best choice if you take grips on and off a lot.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

ESI chunky or super chunky if you want extra comfort. Not lock ons, and you can work up a bit of a sweat getting them on and off, but easily the most comfortable grips I’ve used. Used to get hand pain from the the rings on lock ons, gone straight away with these

danti

Tried Esi chunky, found they’re ok but didn’t feel thick enough on techy descents.
    Now gone back to Odi Rogue which I find are the most comfortable.

marko75
    Free Member

thanks – i will check out the rogues

marko75
    Free Member

unless there are other suggestions!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

If you want comfort the superstar foams or silicones are superb.

NormalMan

25% off at Superstar for May so you could pick up a couple of pairs to try out.

I’ve had esi racers edge but haven’t really got on with them so just fitted
    these:
    http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/lock-on-grips-half-flange.htm

T1000
    Free Member

AME mountain zone softs, are excellent but hard to find in the UK

mattyfez

Maybe try the esi super chunky?
    I like the chunkies, but i wouldn’t call them chunky, I’d call them regular

PJay
    Free Member

I like Odi Rouges but have just changes to Lizard Skins Northshores, which are ace!

canopy
    Free Member

i love the ‘specialized enduro xl’ ones. when i knew no better had non-locking on my old HT, and got the locking ones on my full susser now

SaxonRider

not the best choice if you take grips on and off a lot.

Why would you do that? 😯

Northwind

Do you want big, or soft? Not quite the same thing. Rogues are chunky and fairly soft but they’re not super-squishy. But tbh that’s not always good for comfort either, I find it can cause hand tiredness (because you’re always squishing them).

ESI Chunky for the non-lock-on, squishy win tbh.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Left of field, I still love Ritchey foam grips.

If you don’t like them ‘throttling’* a little dab of superglue under each end to hold them in place, wipes off with acetone (nail varnish removed).

Now trying some ergons on the Fatty, different, but so far so good. It doesn’t feel like it looks if that makes sense. It just feels like someone designed a grip to fit your hand, rather than trying to hold onto a cylinder which isn’t really what hands do best.

*TBH, I find they move rather than spin, and on some bars more than others, but superglue works and wipes off in seconds, have to destroy the grip though, but only a fraction of ODI prices.

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve been struggling with fingers pain on rougher stuff since I remember. Tried many different grips with no real difference to be honest. Until I got the large Ergon GP1. No pain, mega comfort.

teamslug
    Free Member

Ive gone Ergon as I was getting numbness and pain on my palm. All gone now. They look like they shouldn’t work but never had an issue even on steep bumpy stuff.

SirHC

I have big hands (size 11/12 gloves) and run thicker grips than most, been through a few sets and my thoughts on the ones I have used:

Odi Rogues – thick and spongy grip, collar digs into my hand as I hang my hand over the end of the bar (used to be on all my bikes)

Odi Elite Pro – Almost as thick as the rogues, but are offset to put my rubber between your palm and the bar, quite like these as they are grippy even in a downpour (have these on my trail & enduro bike)

Ergon GE1 – Nice shape to them, not grippy enough, run them on my xc bike

Specializded Enduro XL – Not at thick as the rogues and elites, not as grippy as the odi’s.

blairc70
    Free Member

+1 for the odi elite pro

orangeorange
    Free Member

+ 1 for the Lizard Skin Northshore,virtually eliminated arm-pump and always the first modification with a new bike for me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘padded grips’ is closed to new replies.