Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • "Package left next door" note (in a mard content)
  • organdonor
    Free Member

I know live in France left just before Christmas elderly neighbour collect had her brother e-mail me as she was worried it was X-mas presents. There so nice I defrosted their plumbing today.

Pardon?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Top thread – well done OP.

postierich
    Free Member

Our postie pulled a blinder the other day “the package is in the gas meter box” clever that, very clever

I have a key just to do that whats the problem!!

Op think yourself lucky you did not get a youwerenotincardsoyouhavetodrivethirtymilestoourofficewhichisonlyopenwhenyouare@work 🙂

I get the impression he wasn’t slagging him off posteirich….

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can’t post tags anymore, can someone add “Whine with that?” which is my new hilarious anonymous tag?

Please do so within 15 minutes mind.

sturmey
    Free Member

Op frustrated cos he cant put bike back together earlier than planned. Go release the frustration have a danger w***

Elmo
    Free Member

I reckon a 3rd of the parcels i deliver daily are left with neighbours, or close by.
    Back to the depot which is 35 miles away is the option.
    I’d guess you’d get it quicker/easier this way.

STFU

On a side note, one guy i delivered to had 2 boxes from CRC and 1 from Rosebikes today.
    He was very happy. But he did have the sense to be in for deliveries! DOH!

sugdenr
    Free Member

OP wasnt on the whole such a good idea after all

Spin
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_8ZhhCBE8[/video]

I believe this is footage of the OP.

iain1775
    Free Member

true story –
    years ago when we had not long moved into our house I had a parcel delivered and the bloke over the road took it in and a card left telling us where it was
    Came home from work knocked on door to collect it from him, no answer
    Thought he must be out, I’ll get it later and forgot about it
    Several hours later an ambulance and police all outside this persons house, early next day a skip appeared on the driveway
    Turns out his wife had come home and found he had topped himself that afternoon, his window cleaning round had gone belly up apparently and he got himself so worked up about it and could see no other way out

I got my parcel, eventually, a police woman called round with it when questioning neighbours to see if they had noticed any unusual behaviour

nick1962
    Free Member

I met a potential “girl of my dreams “on a trip to Amsterdam once many years ago.Gave her my home phone number but sadly she never phoned. 10 years later my dad remembered that some girl called Karen kept phoning but he had forgot to mention it… 😥

Northwind

Years back, we went away on holiday and the postie decided the best thing to do with a parcel that came for us was to hide it in the bin. But that was better than the other delivery we had- the fishmonger-in-a-van decided that since we always ordered the same fish every week, he’d just pop it through the door for us. So that was a nice surprise when we came back 3 weeks later.

nealglover
    Free Member

Nick1962, have you got the wrong thread ?

Nice story, but……….. ❓

Relevance ?

:mrgreen:

takisawa2

They won’t be in tomorrow either. They will be down cash converters with your stuff.

slimjim78
    Free Member

To the OP, I am your neighbour and took your parcel in as i’ve noticed we share a similar interest in cycling.
    I’m sorry that I had to head out tonight before you got home but my life got in the way.
    Please feel free to come round and collect it in May, i’ll be in the Fawkland’s until then. At least.

martinhutch

Apart from a quick return to the thread for clarification purposes, pretty much textbook stuff.

Markie
    Free Member

I can’t post tags anymore, can someone add “Whine with that?” which is my new hilarious anonymous tag?

Shouldn’t it be ‘would you like some cheese with that?’, after all, they’re already supplying the whine!

Or, of course I’ve missed the hipness of your catchtag and it already allows for what I just posted…

rocketman
    Free Member

Our next door neighbours have three super-hot teenage/early 20s daughters (steady fellas)

Imagine my delight when RM left a parcel for me at their address and when I went round to get it, the door was answered by the middle one wearing a shiny black leotard, perspiring gently. And then she had to bend over to pick the parcel up.

And back to work…

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Has OP got his package yet?

rickon
    Free Member

They’re so nice I defrosted their plumbing

Sounds like the OP needs to do this to his missus.

Phnargh.

chakaping
    Free Member

Was it a snake?

Your’e on the right lines!

Black mamba!

(OP is trolling surely?)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Imagine my delight when RM left a parcel for me at their address and when I went round to get it, the door was answered by the middle one wearing a shiny black leotard, perspiring gently. And then she had to bend over to pick the parcel up.

No she didn’t. That is simply a fantasy that has become so vivid it is now real in your head.

antigee

There so nice I defrosted their plumbing today.

well worth the grump post to get that cracking line

i work at home and get a lot of deliveries so parcel people often leave stuff for neighbours with me – to be honest its a pain could do with out – something else to remember to deal with oh and [PSA] tonight i will be going out just as people get in from work [/PSA]

rocketman
    Free Member

No she didn’t. That is simply a fantasy that has become so vivid it is now real in your head

As real as the time I came home from work one day last Summer and the eldest one was cleaning her car wearing a boob tube and hot pants…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As real as the time I came home from work one day last Summer and the eldest one was cleaning her car wearing a boob tube and hot pants…

I bet you lay awake of a night considering how you could get secret cameras installed into their bedrooms haven’t you…

😉

rocketman
    Free Member

It gets better – she said “How do you get your car so shiny?” so I let her use my Autoglym Synthetic Chamois.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

so I let her use my Autoglym Synthetic Chamois

Although you insisted on sitting in the car so you could observe her stroking action….

stevehine

I had a courier based issue recently (though our house isn’t obvious to find; as the postcode sends you 50 yards past onto a different road) – paid extra for Saturday delivery by 12am to avoid the ‘you need to be in all day on Monday’ thing; I was getting a bit twitchy by 11; so checked the online tracking to be told ‘We couldn’t find your address; we’ll redeliver on Monday’

Aaargh!

To top it all; the delivery office was also shut; so I didn’t even get the satisfaction of having a proper rant/argument with someone. I wouldn’t even have minded going to collect it either but wasn’t given the option ! That was VERY frustrating.

And I still haven’t got my money back for the saturday delivery that I didn’t receive.

🙁

martinhutch

It gets better – she said “How do you get your car so shiny?”

Are you sure it wasn’t all the waxing off you’d been doing?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Didn’t you put special instructions on the order so they knew what to do in the event they couldn’t find your house? We always do (until recently our house didn’t even ‘exist’ even though it is 110 years old – it had been empty for so long that it wasn’t even on any Post Office registry). Now we just get phone calls from delivery drivers asking where we are even though they are usually just a few feet from us 🙂

stevehine

@mastiles

Yes; I always request the sending company to put phone number / simple directions on the delivery note. Sometimes the sending company doesn’t bother; sometimes the delivery people do really odd things (we had a carpet delivered; our phone number and directions were on the carpet in the back of the van but there was nothing on the delivery slip!)

We had to get re-added to the Post Office system when we moved as the previous owner had it registered under the name of the business. In the intervening years a nearby junction has changed priority so the road we are on looks like it starts after that junction – we are the only house on the section that now looks like it belongs to the main through road. It’s all very odd 🙂

womble72
    Free Member

This is a joke thread? Yes?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fair enough – sounds a more complex issue than the one we have. Our delivery drivers just forget to look around the corner of the other houses and see us further down the lane.

meehaja
    Free Member

I took a “package” in for a neighbour once as the day before we’d had a chat about not being able to collect stuff from the post office when you’re on early shifts. I took in a huge flat screen telly, large multi speaker surround system, a dvd player, sky box, surround sound box and a hug glass stand. Completely filled my lounge and e didn’t come back for 3 days. It works both ways.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And by then you had unpacked it all and started using it….

DrP

When I lived in Dorchester I was waiting for a delivery – didn’t turn up.
    Rang the courrier company as to why no show… “the driver tried delivering, but he didn’t have your address so couldn’t”

[shakes head and heavy sigh]

I had so many questions, my brain partially imploded leaving me a little bit more stupider from that day forward!

DrP

atlaz
    Free Member

I had a parcel delivered to the neighbours about a year ago. Except it wasn’t for us. It was for someone about a mile away. So when the neighbour brought it to me, I hopped in the car, drove to the other persons house and handed it over. They were quite happy and surprised given the tracking code said they’d already had it delivered and didn’t think they’d ever see it.

If the other person had been the OP I bet they’d have called me names for taking my time over driving it around.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘"Package left next door" note (in a mard content)’ is closed to new replies.