Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Packable daysack – any recommendations?
  • BillMC

I need a packable daysack for carrying short wetsuit, camera etc for the slog with longboard between Byron Bay and The Pass. Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

duckman

What do you mean by Packable? If it is a lightweight daysack you are after,I am about to put my millet 35L sack on ukc.Light and huge for a daysack.I have used it for multi night trips.

A lighter version of the peuterey 35 on the millet fr site

BillMC

'packable'? i.e. it folds down and is light and compact to go inside travel luggage.

duckman

Yup,got one of those. Or you can go for anything from the osprey range,omm,lowe alpine also have just launched a really light daysack.It depends on how much room you need.Backpackinglight is a good website for starters.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i've got an osprey talon 22.

really light really comfy. not many pockets…

mrvear
    Free Member

Alpkit Gourdon bags are great for wetsuits. They are drybags with straps and are cheap to. Not much to them so they fold quite flat.

"One fin, one god, one country."

duckman

Gourdon bags are good,I had forgotten about them,they will also pack down smaller than anything else mentioned,wouldn't like to carry one far mind.

mrvear
    Free Member

I know what you mean but I have hiked between bays with my Weber 9'4 and your rucksack is the least of your worries when you have a log under your arm.

BillMC

Last year I did it with a groovy 'green bag' $1 from Woolworths over my shoulder with a 9'2'' board. I dripped and fumed and vowed to be better equipped this year.
    Thanks for the advice y'all, I'm just getting the card out.

5lab

just get a decent boardbag with a pocket – a lot of longboard bags have plenty of room for what you're after

http://www.surfsurfsurf.co.uk/surfboard_bags/surfboard_travel_bags/curve_surf_overstayer_surfboard_travel_bag_-_longboard_(9ft6)

sorta thing

mrvear
    Free Member

You can stuff a wettie in any longboard bag but I would not want to carry it all about between bays.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Packable daysack – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.