• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pacenti Hed
  • Haze

SL23’s or Belgium Plus, not much between the two?

Couple of mm here and there and 30g in favour of the Pacenti.

Any reason to pick one over the other?

rt60
    Free Member

At £40 a rim less for the pacenti, that’s what I will be going for.

Haze

Yeah they’ve been my preferred choice for a while, but the Hed have caught my eye.

I can’t see too much in them to justify the extra, but budget will stretch if there’s good reason.

Should probably add – road all-rounders, no ‘cross, tubeless set up.

Haze

Little bump for the day crowd…

Yak

Mrs Yak has SL23s run tubeless with Fusion 3’s. In her opinion – they are great – smooth, comfy fast and no punctures . In my opinion that’s the tightest rim/tyre combo ever…. needed a big-ass DH tyre lever to get them on!

Haze

I have those very same tyres to go on!

Yak

aha- well you will need the above mentioned tool then!

Mines like this but rubber coated

Haze

Plenty of soap & water!

matts
    Free Member

Mines like this but rubber coated

Probably worth nipping along to the GP then. 😉

sparksmcguff

Getting tyres on the Pacenti rims – this can be done. Took me a few tries to get it right (and lots of swearing) and several different tyres (Schalbe and Conti). Finally worked out that you need the tyre bead to sit central in the channel of the wheel. Good solid rims.

Haze

Just set these up…Jaysus they were bloody tight, not looking forward to trying to get a tube in there if I ever puncture!

Front inflated no problem, rear was a little trickier but finally got it going with the track pump.

Really happy with the rims aesthetically at least, I’ll get some sealant in them tomorrow and take them for s spin…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pacenti Hed’ is closed to new replies.