Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • pace rc40 xcfr forks question
  • robhughes
    Free Member

hi all thinking of buying a pair of pace rc40 xcfr forks second hand.do these have coil options or are they just one standard spring.also are they a reliable fork or should i stick to my first choice of rs revalations..cheers gang.

tandemwarriors

I’ve had a pair for approx 2 years, very happy and no issues, though I recall a number of posts from other STW riders who have had problems.
    The std spring is a fraction too hard for my liking (I’m almost 6ft, 13 stone)but there is a lighter spring option, which I’ve never got round to buying.
    Can’t compare to RS rev’s as not ridden them.

Rob

Denis99
    Free Member

I recently had a pair of RC40XCFR,before that I had a pair of coil Revelations. The RC40’s were better at almost everyting except the bigger hits.

I’m 14 stone – the std spring was fine , the firm spring was too hard and I couldn’t get all the travel.

Have to say though the Fox Vanilla R140’s are a better fork than either of them – that’s why I sold the Pace’s and fitted the Vanilla’s.

I’d choose the RC40’s over the Revs though.

robhughes
    Free Member

cheers for the info.do you know were to get a soft spring from.

Denis99
    Free Member

I got the medium spring through Pearce Cycles , give them a ring (really helpful), failing that Pace will have them.

robhughes
    Free Member

cheers denis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘pace rc40 xcfr forks question’ is closed to new replies.