Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pace RC38 Forks – No Travel – DIY / Service / Skip
  • ridwarephil
    Free Member

Just getting back into trail riding after a few years off. Bike has suffered during the off period and my old pace forks seem to have suffered more than than most parts.

My Pace Airforce 2 stealth forks seem to have between 0mm and 20mm travel (with a full 60mm) of travel periodically (randomly). Lockout isn’t functioning.

I have stripped the lowers, cleaned and regreased them, reassembled and this doesn’t seem to have made any difference. Pressures are correct and are being help by the 3 air chambers.

I cant see any other parts I can strip down??

Can anyone remember how to sort? Any advice appreciated or should I return to pace for a service or just save my money and swap out for some 80 -100mm forks??

Thanks Phil

Hairychested
    Free Member

I can’t help with the manual, it still might be on the web though.
    Save for some new forks I say.

whyter

Fork English contact details (at foot of thread) might be useful if you want to send them off.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Work through the posted link below.
    Fork English, Tim Price.
    He serviced and repaired my RC36 proclass 2 forks last year, came back spot on.
    He can get spares from the factory that aren’t available to most other people.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pace-rc36-stealth-setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC38 Forks – No Travel – DIY / Service / Skip’ is closed to new replies.