Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pace 204 anyone got/ridden one?
  • will1
    Free Member

Been looking at these today and IMO they look very nice and I need a new frame. Anyone any views on them? Thanks in advance.

z1ppy

can only summarize the 'quick' review from What MTB in last months mag, but hopefully the bump into the morning crowd may bring out an owner or some-one whose tested one.

W-MTB: Heavier than advertise (6.8lb's), trail rather than race frame, nice slack angles but ride belies it's short travel status – until you really hit really rough stuff that would suit a longer travel bike.

HTH's

stumpynya12
    Free Member

? Has anybody been able to buy a 204 or 104. Retailers are listing them for sale but I am led to believe they are not even in the country yet.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Adrian Carter will be at the Red Planet demo day on Sunday. I'm not sure exactly what he's bringing but I'm booked for a ride on a 104 amongst others. I'll certainly be asking about availability.

FOG

Hmm, I was interested but that's rather a heavy frame for what it is supposed to be. You would have to spend a lot of money on the build to get a reasonable weight for what was originally billed as a race bike although now it seems to be trail!

z1ppy

That's w-mtb's figures… Does seem excessive for a scandium framed bike

i had a104 on order from crc, they toldmeinitially that it would be ready 3oth april. then they said last week of june and this gave me time to think…

i remember when my specialized frame broke, they replaced the frame immediately with no questions and gave me a replacement 2 levels above the frame that broke. comp -> pro.

then i read on this forum and others that pace dontlike to hear about probs with their frames.

Given this bad press, i have decided to ditch the pace 104 and get a specialized m5 ht. i would have liked to own a pace frame for the idea of having something made by hand but it turns out that pace frames are made in china anyways. imho they are flogging mass-produced (but v good quality) stuff as union-jack flying, get the patriotic vote , made in england….

langy
    Free Member

gravedig…

anyone ridden a 204 now? heavy? whats the go?

rootes1

Wishes Pace would do a limited run of 29ers in the old style square externally milled tubing….

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I remember waiting about 7 months for my RC303 to arrive. Something to do with container ships delayed or something.

shortcut

Rootes1 that would be lovely!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pace 204 anyone got/ridden one?’ is closed to new replies.