Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • P7 torch issue
  • Moe

My P7 is long retired from riding duties, still a useful tool at home but having got some decent 18650’s for it it doesn’t want to play! It works intermittently but not consistently enough to be able to rely on it. I’ve checked the little screws on the led unit, made sure the unit is screwed right down in the body (it hadn’t been), the contacts and all the insides look clean, I’m at a loss ….. anyone had similar?

z1ppy

Have you check that the bottom end (screw on cap) is all screwed in tight? They had a habit of working loose. Great torches I still use mine for house hold duties and as back up in the camelbak on night rides

mtbel
    Free Member

got 2 here that are dodgy now. been disassembled, cleaned and re-built but similar to yours still aren’t reliable anymore.
    can’t complain really after the amount of use/abuse they’ve both seen over the years.

BigJohn

I find that there are threads in the cap and emitter head that benefit from nipping up every now and then.
    But an XML torch from DX is less than £7 delivered and is much brighter.

Northwind

As above, check the clicky switch, it can come loose. But only one of mine still works reliably, can’t fault the others tbh.

Most XML torches I’ve had have been less good torches, overall… The non-zoom ones tend to be spotlighty, the zoom ones tend to have pretty orrible beam patterns. For camping and the like I want a wider softer beam, sheer power’s generally pretty pointless. So the old P7s were mint, I just got a supercheap XPG one which is pretty similiar. Actually less bright than the P7 on full chat though.

BigJohn

My old p7 had a screw off lens so just the bulb bit was exposed. Made a great camping lantern.

Moe

Thanks all, I forgot I had some circlip pliers and tightening up the insert in the switch cap seems to have done the trick! 😀

cliffyc
    Free Member

Great torches,had mine 8 years and no issues with it despite many drops on the deck!!. Add the bike clip and it’s a great commuter light. 🙂

BigJohn

Don’t tighten up the switch too tight. You’ll split the rubber seal and then it’s the end.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘P7 torch issue’ is closed to new replies.