Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • p7 torch, broken maybe, anyway to test?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

my trusty P7 has been abused by my charming 8yr old and now does not work. i did manage to get it to flicker on by tapping the end but now nothing.

before i consign it to the bin is there any way to test whether the led itself is still good so maybe it can be resurected in some shape or form?

z1ppy

Sounds like the bottom internal spring retaining cap has unscrewed itself if you can get it flicker or at worst the swtich is bust (replaceable). Use a pair of long nose pliers or clircip pliers to unscrew the ‘nut’ inside the battery cap, reseat the spring and put it back together.
    There used to be a site with a quick fix guide for these, I’ll have a search for it, but it may have died after the MS bike lights took over from the P7 torches (my two still work fine 3 or so years on, great bits of kit).

z1ppy

Link I have: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=227518
    though if it’s still there, you have to be a member of the CP forum to read it now I assume? (I’m not a member)

fastindian
    Free Member

you’ll need a pair of long nose pointy pliers.

Unscrew the end cap (with the clicky switch in it) using the pliers unscrew all the internals, one by one. Clean all the threads and lightly scour the brass battery contact.

Srew the internals back in in reverse order making sure there all good and tight.

Should sort it, my mates is always going off/dim and it always reponds to the above.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cool, i’ll try that. it does seem to be a switch/contact thing. quickly took it apart and reasembled and it worked a few times.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

z1ppy, great link. signed up and all the info is there.

definitely switch contact issue, a paperclip across the top of the battery to the torch shell makes it work a treat.

z1ppy

😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘p7 torch, broken maybe, anyway to test?’ is closed to new replies.