Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • P*** Pot helmet for winter?
  • rOcKeTdOg

less vents i thought so maybe warmer for commuting, any recommendations?

dave360
    kiwijohn

They’re a good option. Cheap as well.

mangoridebike

I’ve been considering this too. I’ll need a central vent on the top of the helmet to mount my Joystick though

tollah
    Free Member

I’ve got one! Tried it a couple of weeks back in Scotland and sweated my balls off and had the pish ripped out of me!

Will be trying it again when it gets colder though.

carbon337
    Free Member

i wear one all the time even summer. Recommend a TSG evo superlight.
    ]

ojom
    Free Member

Buff or skull cap may be worth trying too. Cheaper than new helmet and still breathable.

Works well up here in all our Northern weather. Give it a try unless you already have obviously

rOcKeTdOg

yup buff has been deployed, but still a bit cold for the predominantly road commute at stupid oclock in the morning in minus conditions

swiss01
    Free Member

maybe you is just old. in which case possibly some sort of tweed cap?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I got a protec lid for £20 from cheshire oaks for exactly that reason and seems to be the only lid I wear on the mountain bike at the moment

ojom
    Free Member

Go with the tweed.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Depends how much of a sweater you are: mine is great when its proper cold (ie less than 1 degree) but i am usually hot rather than cold on a bike. Best try before you buy as they can be less comfy on long rides as you rely more on a nice tight chinstrap to keep it on properly (rather than the cradley bits of an xc helmet which let you get away with a tiny bit more jaw movement).

doug_basqueMTB.com

I use a buff sometimes but I also use my PP lid, a POC one I bought online from TBC and I rate it very highly. It’s cool enough for descents in summer or all day in winter. The only problem is people thinking you’re a gnarler.

rOcKeTdOg

Already got tweed bakerboy and a leather version, way ahead of you there 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have one of these and its pretty comfortable I always wear it in bad conditions and usually with some goggles. Yes I might look like a tool but at least I am warm and can see where I am going. Nobody has taken the pi55 to my face yet. I havnt tried it with the joystick yet but will do tonight I cant see any problems.

Pro-Tec Ace

My nipper has one of these and it seems really well made and it looks good too. She is only 3 so cant comment on comfort but she doesnt complain about it. Might not be your colour tho. It has got vents on the top but not one bang in the middle but I cant see that being a problem.

Bell Fraction

geoffj

Looks like he’s lost his horse.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I hate mine with a passion on longer rides, even dirt jumping the XEN comes out in preferance, its saved for the skatepark mostly.

I just grow some more hair and wear my XEN rather than the E2.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

st bought the 661 pisspot from chain reaction for £15 , I find it warm and comfortable in cold conditions with a skull cap under it.not sure what it will be like in summer .I don’t think it looks any dafter than most helmets

carbon337
    Free Member

Also known to wear mine with goggles…. A new niche look I’m sporting.

In my opinion everyone i have seen in them look better than XC lids. Mine took quite a whack on a DH track and it was fine too.

rOcKeTdOg

growing hair, sadly is not an option1 🙁

cap in situ

pensive by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

When it’s proper cold it’s cosy. I use one for snowboarding too.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i sometimes use mine (661 dirt lid i think is its name) and it is great for cold days.

On a cold day if i wear a buff or underhat with my normal helmet if i am pushing hard then when the sweat cools i get something akin to an icecream headache. doesn’t matter if my underhat is merino or windstopper, but with the pisspot i dont get that problem and if its really cold then then adding an underhat then i can be toasty warm without the cold sweat problem

Coyote
    Free Member

I use a Giro Flak. Comfy and warm in the winter months.

jools182
    Free Member

I want to try one of these

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘P*** Pot helmet for winter?’ is closed to new replies.