Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Oxford Brute Ground Anchor
  • dalesjoe
    Free Member

I’m thinking of fitting a ground anchor in the garage. However we are likely to be moving within the year. So,does anyone know if you can remove one of these (rental property so I can’t just leave it)? I was thinking angle grinding the unit/bolt heads. At £20 destroying the ground anchor isn’t a problem. Hopefully somebody has tried this?

z1ppy

Can’t see that being an easy job TBH. The only ground anchor I can definitely see that is removable is Double Doofer… yes a huge amount more expensive but will fit the larges chains (an issue for many ground anchors) and is removable.. so you can just keep reusing (if you move).

I like the look of the Hardie ground Anchor range but can’t see if the bolt head is protected by purely the arch/chain, or if it’s a one off installation

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi.

So I use these and am in your predicament now.

I’m leaving rental property to newly bought house.

I always knew there would be no chance it would come off (except leaving an ugly botched hole in the concrete floor).

So i will be leaving it in shed. If they say anything I’m going to say I think it adds value to their shed. Which I genuinely do…

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

And if they really don’t want it left in I’ll get the SDS drill out, remove it and fill in the holes…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oxford Brute Ground Anchor’ is closed to new replies.