Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Owned with Bomber!
  • SamCooke
    Free Member

Raleigh that is. Just bought a Raleigh Bomber from a house clearance, cost me a tenner!

yunki
    Free Member

absoflippinlutely well jel.. my childhood dreambike

pics..?

yunki
    Free Member

double jealous post

BobaFatt
    Free Member

bit of a head angle on that

marvincooper

I had one just like that! Loved it, but it remains the only bike I have ever broken. Snapped the top tube pulling a wheelie (but was welded up by a mate of my Dad’s and kept going until I got my first “ATB” – a Raleigh Montage in mint green 8)

SamCooke
    Free Member

Yeah, fork was prone to bending as i remember?

Then again, they were cruisers rather than of road / jump bikes

yunki
    Free Member

Then again, they were cruisers rather than of road / jump bikes

I don’t think there was an offroad/jump bike at the time.. some early BMXs perhaps towards the end of the Bomber’s run..

I lusted after one for aaaaaaaaages aged 8 or 9.. had a poster on my wall and everyfin..

So when mum had a win on the bingo and promised me a new bike the choice was obvious..
    But the twunt in Halfords convinced her that I needed a roadbike and so I was gutted when I came downstairs on xmas day to a spanking new 10 speed Raleigh Equipe.. I hid it well and passed off the tears of disappointment as tears of gratitude..

Within a week the bars were gone for some cowhorn (ish) bars that I huckled from somewhere and I ragged the bejesus out of it until I got hold of a Raleigh Mustang many years later..

how I rode anywhere on those buckled wheels I’ll never know!

(apologies to those that have heard this sentimental old twaddle before)

Lifer
    Free Member

Saw a Raleigh Lizard (with reptile effect saddle) at a a car boot but someone had already got it 🙁

Was my first real bike and I took it off some sweet jumps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Owned with Bomber!’ is closed to new replies.