Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Own up, who was on 'Escape to the country' today?
  • Bunnyhop

Yes I’m very sad and recorded the programme which was shown earlier today. How I laughed when a whole 5 minute section showed a bunch of typical 40 something, male slightly overweight mtbers (mostly riding full sus) on the South Downs way.

Jonny Irwin (the presenter) was being shown some skilz by an mtb guide called Sean (I think).

Filmed last summer. Come on own up.

SBrock
    Free Member

What was so bad about it?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m 55 & ‘slightly’ overweight.
    Why did you laugh?

SBrock
    Free Member

I’m 43, slightly overweight too, but enjoy riding my bike!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Im 39 and a fat B, even i enjoy riding my bike.

Shoudnt i or something?

Some touchy fatties on tonight.

40 & buff as…

bruneep

I Never touched anyone!

Bunnyhop

Oh dear, t’was all said tongue in cheek. lighten up chaps.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I Never touched anyone
    I have!!

bigG
    Free Member

I’m a right fatty and love a ride on the downs, feel free to try to touch what you can’t afford! Up with fatty power! Stomp the skinnies,,

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I also saw that and thought the same!

It wasnt me BTW, despite fitting most of the criteria… just dont own the full sus 😆

tomhoward

I’m 26, underweight and have never ridden the south downs way. Do I win?

_tom_
    Free Member

lighten up chaps

😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

You old bunch of squares.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“Slightly overweight mtb’ers”

“Lighten up chaps”

Hmm are your sure you just don’t like mid 40’s fatties 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

I have reported bunnyhop again

Stay strong chunky people, the abuse will stop.

Drac

I’m not in my 40s, just and probably under weight, I’ve also not ridden the South Downs. I think I need to find a new home.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I live on the South Downs, I’m 43 and one of my bikes is full suspension. Wasn’t me but what is the problem? I don’t think some people understand just how gnarly the bridleways get when they have been churned up by horses in the winter then set hard in summer. I only have an Anthem but really need a Five for some of the toughest trails.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just to add 5’8″ and 10.5 stone, that muffin top was just because I’d done my shorts up too tight 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m a media whore and I’m gutted i wasnt there, and that i didn’t get to show of my skillz paunch and suss!

robbo
    Free Member

Just watched (off sick atm) and didn’t really notice any fatties on bikes. Didn’t se e anything needing full sus either!

She was a definite pita though 😉

nbt

Hmm are your sure you just don’t like mid 40’s fatties

I’m not 40 (well not for a couple of months) and at 11 stone not overweight 😉

BadlyWiredDog

Serious question, isn’t the fat, middle-aged mountain biker thing a bit of a myth? If it were true, you’d expect this forum to be inundated with threads about dieting and weight loss, no?

stylish
    Free Member

I saw it and thought what a nice part of the country to live/ride, and they seemed to be enjoying it, which surely must be what its all about.

wait4me

I thought it was some form of Boot Camp and was expecting to see some Sergeant Major type shouting slogans at them.

6ft 4in & 100kg, lives on edge of Downs. Currently throwing out all bike related clothing that isn’t black.

DezB
    Free Member

you’d expect this forum to be inundated with threads about dieting and weight loss, no?

ourmaninthenorth

Hold on. Everyone’s getting righteous about (the very svelte) bunnyhop calling them out for being fat, but no-one is abusing her for watching Escape to the Country when she lives in the country?

this place has gone to the dogs.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Escape to the Country

Why am I addicted to that progamme? The presenters are poor, the production is crap, the camera work is, err, ametureish and they never, ever follow it up! Does anyone EVER buy any of these houses, or even put an offer in??? It just fades off into mumbling at the end.

But they do show THE most beautiful houses in THE most beautiful locations….

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

But they do show THE most beautiful houses in THE most beautiful locations….

and that is exactly the reason I don’t watch it!!

freddyg
    Free Member

I’m a mid forties, overweight IT type with a full-suss jobbie. I saw the south downs on a map once. Do I win (or gain) five pounds?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m not 40 (well not for a couple of months) and at 11 stone not overweight

2 stone of that is ego though 😛

DezB
    Free Member

full-suss jobbie

I think I saw a pic of that on the ‘beautiful bikes’ thread.

Oh hang on, no, that was a Whyte Prst1

nbt

2 stone of that is ego pies and beer though

FTFY 😉

freddyg
    Free Member

Not mine then 8)

*wanders out to garage to stroke the somewhat underused Superlight chained to the wall*

molgrips
    Free Member

full-suss jobbie

I think I saw a pic of that on the ‘beautiful bikes’ thread.

Quality 🙂

Bunnyhop

You know I love you all 😀

Yes I’m very sad for ‘watching escape to the country’ and it was a joy to see mtbers having loads of fun, also Jonny (the presenter) looked to be loving those trails, maybe he’s a convert.

Programme spoilt though by the very fussy lady who didn’t like any of the 3 gorgeous properties that were shown.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Own up, who was on 'Escape to the country' today?’ is closed to new replies.