Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Owd Inbred – which rigid forks?
  • MrSparkle

Ye Olde Original SS inbred – which is my much abused but loved winter bike – is due a revamp and I am thinking of sticking some rigids on it to make it as maintenance free as poss, so what size rigid forks do I need? I am thinking of some On-one forks but am not fussy really.

wwaswas

400 – 420mm Pace RC31's?

I've got a pair of v/disk SIDS you could drop the travel on for a suitably retro noodley experience?

ChromedOranges
    Free Member

Thumbs up here for the OnOne carbon forks. The Pace forks are supposed to be more flexi, considering how much the OnOne's flex I don't think the Pace's sound that great.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

On One carbon's get my vote as well.

simonk
    Free Member

Surly do some nice rigid blades, not carbon but solid and a good price.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I guess it all depends on whether you want a slacker or more steep head angle. I've used 390mm axle to crown BMX type forks and 410mm Kona jump forks and 440mm DMR trailblades (liked the handling with the Konas best).

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Exotic do some reasonably price carbons, in all sorts of lenghts – full carbon, carbon legs, alu etc, they are also the same forks as nukeproof, white bros
    29er carbon rock for £89

nigew
    Free Member

I ran mine with a set of Orange F8s, they didnt seem as heavy as the On Ones they replaced.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Owd Inbred – which rigid forks?’ is closed to new replies.