Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ow! My eye!
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Sorry, not a photo of a picture hook – my eye actually really hurts!

Thought I had something in it on Friday night, so spend the entire night not getting to sleep ‘cos I was trying to cry it out. After a trip to the Doctor on Saturday, it turns out I have two growths on the inside of my upper eyelid which have caused a massive (GP’s word, not mine!) scratch on the surface of my eyeball, *just* above the iris.

Antibiotics seem to be helping a little, but I’m back in tomorrow for them to have another look.

No real reason for posting this (and sadly couldn’t get a photograph of my hideously bloodshot eye and swollen eyelid) other than a general “look after your eyes!” message.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had similar. Had something in my eye when working on the car, got stuck behind a contact lens for a bit and scratched the iris. Well, all was fine after a few days and I went away for a couple of days for work, with contacts in. Whilst I was out it started to hurt like hell and I didn’t have my glasses with me. I had to drive 2.5 hours home in some pain and eyes streaming, couldn’t decide if it was worse with the lens in or without.

Ended up with an ulcer, took a week or two to settle down. First lady told me I’d have to give up contacts, second one a few weeks later said I’d be fine…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Michelle Obama’s your optician? Wow.

alanf
    Free Member

I had something in my eye on Saturday.
    Turns out it was a chickens beak, twice!

Whilst upgrading their coup with some insulation it seems they took offence, or at least one of them did, and whilst prone on the floor in a tight spot it got one in and then another, right on the eyeball.

Fortunately I’d not had any after effects…

flyingmonkeycorps

No idea what I’ve done to cause it, just came on really suddenly on Friday night. I’m now sat at work wearing an eyepatch muttering piratisms to myself.

Yarr.

wwaswas

muttering piratisms to myself.

thread title should have been ‘Arrrrgghhh, my eye.’ 😉

zbonty

Yep-look after your eyes!

Hopefully you’re not eating right now…

A mate was doing some DIY a few weeks ago and casually snapped a piece of plastic piping over his thigh. This launched a jaggedy piece of plastic at warp speed: direct hit to the eyeball.
    Emergency operation, shattered eyeball lens, displaced iris and 12 stitches, never mind the pain and general horror he would have experienced.
    Luckily not blinded but vision is screwed and won’t know full extent of recovery/effectiveness of new lens for 9 months. Sounds utterly grim 🙁

Stevet1
    Free Member

alanf – Ouch! Chicken for tea that night?

flyingmonkeycorps

I knew you lot would have some stories to make me feel better 😀

flyingmonkeycorps

Well, following another trip to the doctor and one to the eye hospital, I’ve now had a calcium growth removed from the inside of my eyelid. No more stabbing pain, but still very sensitive to bright lights and I can’t focus the affected eye. Hopefully that should heal over the next few days.

Scuppered my riding plans for Sunday though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ow! My eye!’ is closed to new replies.