Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Road content sorry – Overshoes – waterproof variety?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Any recommendations? – pref velcro as will use them for different shoes i.e. race vs touring type shoe 🙂

Have some basic 4 year old Altura ones which are fine to keep you feet dry when road is wet but in heavy rain no good and also they are starting to fall apart 🙁

hammerite
    Free Member

Not sure you’ll get 100% waterproof, but neoprene ones will keep your feet warm still if they get wet. These are a bit lairy, but very good especially when it gets colder too Pro Tarmac NPU

molgrips
    Free Member

I would recommend not using them and getting some waterprof boots. If you can afford it, of course. I got some Northwave ones on sale but I was lucky.

ourmaninthenorth

I use the standard Endura that you see lots of people with. But these won’t fit your bill (zip closure). These hold the water off pretty well – having a rubber coating to the neoprene – though inevitably anything with a hole at the ankle and two under the sole means that water will make its way through.

molgrips makes a a good suggestion – a friend swears by this approach.

pegasus
    Free Member

Try BBB Heavy Duty ones, neoprene which means that even if some water does get in your feet stay nice and warm. I’ve had a pair for 5 years and although a bit tatty they still work very well.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – yeah did think of the shoes but pricing put me off – Maybe i’ll keep my eyes out in the sales?

Otherwise I’ll have a look at those BBB one – I did see them when pursuing 🙂 Maybe I’ll have to think about velcro vs zips as there are few with velcro 🙁

@ hammerite – the Pro ones look good even if they are a bit larey 😉

ransos
    Free Member

The Endura MTB ones will fit road race and touring shoes okish. But mine fell apart after 3 rides, so I wouldn’t bother.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cheers for the tip ransos

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If not going with waterproof shoes then craft overshoes are very good.

crazy-legs

Endura Luminite for me – velcro closure, waterproof and warm. They’re currently doing commuting duties cos they’ve got loads of reflective highlights.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Road content sorry – Overshoes – waterproof variety?’ is closed to new replies.