Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Overhaul or replace?
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Should I refresh my Blur LT 2009 for 500 quid or so or just sell /retire it and replace with a canyon or somesuch for £15 -1800 quid ish. Something like this https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/bikes/bike-detail.html?b=3785 seems extrodinary value but costs abiout what my frame did, is it a pants frame with OK parts or just a cracking bike for the cash?

pinder318
    Free Member

I’ve just overhauled my 09 spesh enduro. 1×10 new lyriks new wheels and ccdb inline it’s the same weight as most of my riding buddies that have spent 2000/3000 grand and fits me perfect. Pends if your changing riding style or bike fit or just the need for something new

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Spend 500 refreshing Blur as you’ll get naff all selling an old, obsolete 26″ FS (market attitude not mine)?

Spend the other 1300 on n+1; road? CX?

If I was spending 1500 on a new mtb it’d be a Commy V3 from them direct, at least as good value as Canyon with Pike, 1×10, on trend long slow slack and flouro. Get the neoprene shock cover and their equivalent to the invisi frame kit whilst you’re there.

You can see I’ve given this some thought 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Thanks for the thoughts.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m throwing a smallish inheritance at overhauling my 10 year old Soul. Was worth £200 maybevif I’d bsold it, wouldn’t have been able to replace it with anything half as good for the money I had.

After a final trip to Scotland at the end of the month, Soul v1.2 will become Soul v1.3. It will be about 3lbs lighter, my aunt will look down and know I have done something I will enjoy for a few years yet with my inheritance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Overhaul or replace?’ is closed to new replies.