Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Overcharged by electricity company.
  • zippykona

We are now £900 in credit with them can I ask for them to put that back into my bank account?
    I’m assuming yes but want to check my facts before I start shouting.

wwaswas

don’t shout, just ask nicely. Also ask for the DD to be reduced to avoid repetition.

Jamie
    Free Member

Erm. Yes. Unless you want to use them as a current account.

tjagain

This is why I will never use direct debits for energy companies

wrightyson
    Free Member

We overpay all through the summer due to the dirty sex pool using hardly any leccy, however I like it to be well over in case we get a very harsh winter where it uses more. Currently 650 in credit and I’m going to draw it down after Christmas for a nice holiday. You can get it back pretty much straight away and at any time. As above just ask nicely.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

AC you’ve been over charged? That’s shocking! Stop using them as a current account and make your ohm arrangements.

Watt I would do, is just ask them to refund – and reduce the DD as Joule-y (gah!) noted above.

Seriously, £900 must be a bit more than a year’s worth of DDs isn;t it? Unless you are vastly overpaying each month. You could buy a bike for that!

footflaps

We are now £900 in credit with them

I normally get it back when we’re about £200 in credit. Don’t see any point in letting them use my money as float…

Jamie
    Free Member

Watt I would do, is just ask them to refund – and reduce the DD as Joule-y (gah!) noted above.

Ohm my god! Stop it with the puns.

tjagain

By being in credit you are giving them a free loan and its costing you money. always be behind in your payments – then you get a free loan from them

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ohm my god! Stop it with the puns.

Resistance is futile.

Jamie
    Free Member

Resistance is futile.

You watt, mate?

alanf
    Free Member

By being in credit you are giving them a free loan and its costing you money. always be behind in your payments – then you get a free loan from them

Not with OVO – you get 3% interest on any credit in your account.
    Better than a savings account 🙂

hoopyfrood
    Free Member

This isn’t necessarily true. Ovo are paying me 4% interest on my balance, which I think is better than the vast majority of savings accounts.

Daffy

You watt, mate?

Shocking behaviour.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Shocking behaviour.

No way to conduct yourself.

retro83
    Free Member

When I tried to get my credit back from british gas, they were always resistive. Seemingly no capacitance to get the problem sorted.

redmex
    Free Member

Im going for gold here as top refund receiver
    £2400 or thereabouts from Scottish power, I knew i had paid over the odds for a while and probably on an expensive package
    The guy from Morrison couldnt get me in for a meter reading

zippykona

Well, before I could get to the phone to moan a nice lady called up to see if I wanted it sent to my bank.
    Clear Business, well done.
    Never never ever go anywhere near Scottish power.

wwaswas

before I could get to the phone to moan a nice lady called up to see if I wanted it sent to my bank

You need to ask yourself if you’re paranoid enough.

steel4real
    Free Member

£900 though ! My, how the other half live.

My Eleccy & Gas for a whole year is only around £600.

zippykona

The joys of paying for business electricity.
    £150 for a small shop.
    Gas and electric for our house is £80 a month.

Jamie
    Free Member

Never never ever go anywhere near Scottish power.

Or pay attention to your bills and give meter readings.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’ve been with BG for years and they’ve always paid me back any money really fast when I’ve asked for it.

Currently at a new house so unsure how much it’s going to be. I like the pay the same amount each month throughout the year so in credit in autumn so I won’t have any big bills at Christmas and new year.

By being in credit you are giving them a free loan and its costing you money.

How is it costing me money? I have £7k in an ISA and I get about £1.50 a month interest. I think I can live with a handful of pennies less a year for the ability to budget a lot easier.

wiggles
    Free Member

Im stuck with a pay-as-you-go meter (can top up online) but means I was chuffed spending £20 a month in the summer but now its cold its not so great! Averaging it out over the year on a DD was much easier

wrightyson
    Free Member

I love the hate for the big energy companies on here. I’ve been with two of the favourites for a good flaming on here, npower then Scottish power, reason being is because they have the best deals available at the time, had zero issues and both have easy to use websites that means you don’t have to even talk with their customer service dept.

zippykona

had zero issues and both have easy to use

KISS OF DEATH.
    Good luck!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Took me 7months for nPower to refund me £450.. the gits were incompetent horsecrap purveyors of bullshite. Honestly, they were a shambles and crock of steering poo faced liars..

7months!

Best of luck OP, dont hold your breath nor rack up a £500 phone bill (die)trying..

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

There’s a potential difference between energy suppliers so now might be the best time to switch.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Same here – I’m currently in credit with Scottish Power to the tune of about £1k.

crazybaboon

£1500 in credit with co op energy, whilst waiting for the refund got a letter saying my direct debit was going up as I wasn’t paying enough!

igm

Current account 😆

Best stealth pun award

Greybeard
    Free Member

Best stealth pun award

I spotted that one. Then I realised the OP had got in first with “Overcharged by electricity company”

footflaps

How is it costing me money? I have £7k in an ISA and I get about £1.50 a month interest.

My ISA grew by about 30% this year.

Jamie
    Free Member

My ISA grew by about 30% this year.

That’s not the only thing that’s growing by 30%.

Keep talking you filthy beast!

p.s Tracker?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It’s weird how so many of us, including me, like our energy accounts to be in credit! Fine if they give you interest, but my Scottish Power don’t, as far as I know.

I don’t treat any other utility or anything else I pay for like this, just electric, at least it’s only ~£50 because they make it very easy to withdraw credit these days.

Poopscoop

GlennQuagmire – Member
    There’s a potential difference between energy suppliers so now might be the best time to switch.

Ohms My God.

bruneep

Logged into my account £30.77 in credit

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Overcharged by electricity company.’ is closed to new replies.