• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ji.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • "Overbiked" in Lincoln…
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

… or not.

Top of town, Stumpy Comp, Armour, Met Parachute – is there anywhere in the area where that kit is a good idea?

Obviously if the bloke wants to ride the streets or waterfront like that then fair play to him, ride what you want etc etc but I'm assuming he was going or coming from somewhere more gnarr than the shop and I want to know where!

stompy

Maybe the Quarry…….. I'm off up there in a minute. no real need for all that kit though unless your rubbish and stack it a lot 😕

There are a lot of wierdy's in Lincoln………..

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Tell me more of this quarry…..

I'm occassionally up here with the bike and fancy somewhere a bit less flat to ride 😉

stompy

It's a bit of a work in progress at the mo but well worth a good burn around, lots of nice climbs and drops, rocky bits, a good tight singletrack wooded section…….it's a pretty big space.

We've got plans to build a rock garden, add berms/jumps etc over the summer….. 😉

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus – where and do you need a hand?!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Over biked in Lincoln…

jonb
    Free Member

Maybe it's the only kit he's got and he fancied a ride?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

And if it was fair play to him. But I think he had been or was going somewhere else and as I spend a lot of time in Lincoln I'd like to know where that may be.

Turns out there's a quarry I didn't know about which will be worth a look.

johnduke
    Free Member

the quarry is next to the carlton centre on outer circle road, definitely worth a look.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Good effort with the armour. Perhaps he was going for a ride through the Ermine 😉

I havent been to the quarry since last summer – i found a couple of nice little bits but I would have thought it gets overrun by dog walkers in the nice weather we are having?

Might have to get up there for a peek this weekend.

ji
    Free Member

Or try http://www.trailblazerz.net at Market Rasen – definitely need a full face there!

matthewlhome
    Free Member

that doesnt 'need' full face for most of it. Although i am too chicken to do the big jumps / drops

topangarider
    Free Member

Make the most of the quarry guys – the owners of the land either side have plans for housing when the market picks up…………..

TooTall
    Free Member

I've always wanted to ride Steep Hill from top to bottom. The way I ride and when I'd like to ride it would require full armour!

ji
    Free Member

matthewlhome

that doesnt 'need' full face for most of it. Although i am too chicken to do the big jumps / drops

It doesn't need a full face until you crash. Although when I crashed I just broke my collarbone and the (normal) helmet in half.

Whilst I'm here, I will also shamelessly plug my own Lincs based MTB site – http://www.louthnet.com/LAMB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘"Overbiked" in Lincoln…’ is closed to new replies.