Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oven not heating – Element?
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

As the title really, the light comes on the fan goes round, but the girlfriends chips do not get hot.

My first thought is the element?

Would this be right and does anyone have experience of a reliable source for a new one?

All help appreciated
    Matt

jond
    Free Member

Thermostat ?

4ndyB
    Free Member

What oven? Make/model? Gas/Electric?

gusamc
    Free Member

if it's a clever oven, it might be because, door not closed, timer on, in function mode, …. …………… so read the manual

if not google on make, model etc and fault and you might get lucky and get a related post, alternatively google on make and model and you might get a manual or diagram.

Presumably it's not a gas one that has to be lit manually (probably a strange hissing sound and smell if this is the case)

bananaworld
    Free Member

the light comes on… but the girlfriend's chips do not get hot

Euphemism of the day – nous avons un gagnant!

Ed2001
    Free Member

nullThis may or may not help

andydicko
    Free Member

Yeah its the element, i've done quite a few, very easy to do, just remove old one and take it to your local city electrical spares

matt_bl
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

It's an electric oven, so no gas problems to worry about.

Everything seems to work and the thermostat light does stay on, which is a good sign that it is the element according to Ed2001's link.

I'll take the old one out and see where we go from there tomorrow.

In the meantime I'll have to find another method of warming the girlfriends chips (or perhaps I could pop next door!)

Matt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oven not heating – Element?’ is closed to new replies.