Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ouya console – anyone got one? (SNES content)
  • finbar
    Free Member

I’ve got a hankering to play some Mario and Donkey Kong, and I don’t want to do it on a PC or a phone.

Does anyone have an Ouya, or any other emulator console suggestions?

finbar
    Free Member

It seems not. I want one but I’m not sure I £80 want one. Convince me?

finbar
    Free Member

Maybe I can do it with a Raspberry Pi…

jamj1974

I would go for one but still have a lot if old console hardware so don’t need to. £80 isn’t a lot to have a great deat of fun!

Get one and enjoy it!

Your favourite SNES game was what…?

retro83
    Free Member

finbar – Member

Maybe I can do it with a Raspberry Pi…

You can indeed. I’ve just done it using RetroPi and a couple of cheap snes knockoff USB controllers from Amazon (£6 delivered I think).

Works a treat, plays snes, mega drive, master system, nes, PC (e.g. doom, wolf, etc) and various others. Pretty good.

The only slight bawbag is configuring the controller, but luckily some kind soul has put their config files for those controllers online so you can just nab the relevant bits and paste them in.

finbar
    Free Member

Your favourite SNES game was what…?

Unirally! I’m not sure how well it will have aged though. How about you?

You can indeed. I’ve just done it using RetroPi and a couple of cheap snes knockoff USB controllers from Amazon (£6 delivered I think).

Works a treat, plays snes, mega drive, master system, nes, PC (e.g. doom, wolf, etc) and various others. Pretty good.

The only slight bawbag is configuring the controller, but luckily some kind soul has put their config files for those controllers online so you can just nab the relevant bits and paste them in.

Cool, thanks. I’ve just found this, which seems very user friendly.

http://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/

Have you got yours running from a TV or a monitor? Ideally I’d like to have mine attached to my TV, with no keyboard/mouse required. I don’t know if that’s possible though…

retro83
    Free Member

Yes, using a normal widescreen TV.
    It boots straight into a grey screen (’emulation station’ or something) which lets you choose a console and game, you then play it. When bored you hold a certain key combo and it exits the emu, and goes back to the menu.

You just use samba (windows file sharing) or FTP to drop the roms in the right folders then reboot it and they appear in the menu.

Sound, controllers, graphics work perfectly.

These are the controllers:
    link

jamj1974

My favourite was probably F-Zero. So many good games though! Pilotwings, Zelda, Mario World, Mario Kart and then all the 3rd party classics too… Shadowrun was excellent for example.

finbar
    Free Member

Perfect, thanks retro83. That’s next month’s pocket money spent 😉

My favourite was probably F-Zero. So many good games though! Pilotwings, Zelda, Mario World, Mario Kart and then all the 3rd party classics too… Shadowrun was excellent for example.

Ah, who doesn’t love Zelda? My favorite was Ocarina of Time on the GameBoy.

I’ll be sure to check out Pilotwings and Shadowrun when I get my Raspberry Pi up and running – I’ve not played either of those before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ouya console – anyone got one? (SNES content)’ is closed to new replies.