Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Outwell Montana 6 – anything better!?
  • the-muffin-man

We’ve currently got a Montana 4 and have been very impressed with it, but we just need a bit more space. Naturally a Montana 6 is high on list of replacements but I wondered if there was anything else we should be looking at that goes up as easily and is of equally good quality.

Cheers

Spongebob
    Free Member

Vango Aspen 500/700 look pretty good to me. Now discontinued so can be had for bargain prices. They have a full inner which you pitch first then the flysheet is thrown over. Vango are good quality – i have a smaller tent by them.

I have an Argos Pro Action Arizona 8 man which was a bargain at £120, but it’s really rather boring. Does the job for ocassional weekends.

postierich
    Free Member
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

If you like the Monty, then deffo have a look at the Vermont, same style as a Monty, but with a nice porch on the front.

I don’t think you can go past Outwell for quality

wanderlust75
    Free Member

Hi There – I don't suppose you would like to sell your Montana 4 would you? Many thanks!

MartynS

and I've got this for sale!

mail me if you want more details!!

lowey

Monty 6 with a front extension just cant be beat Tim, perfect tent.

snakebite
    Free Member

Got a Monty 6 with the front extension, great tent!

the-muffin-man

wanderlust75 – Its looking like we won't get chance to use the tent much for the rest of the year so we're sticking with the 4 for now. Maybe we'll pick up a 6 cheapish at the end of year sales!

Spongebob
    Free Member

I was looking at Outwell tents recently and they are very high quality. I like the all in one inner with sewn in bathtub groundsheet. I think they are sperior to the current Vango offerings.

On a recent trip I saw a Sunncamp Prism which is a radical design. Very well made with a spaceage look about it. A flexible design that is easy to pitch. Read the review and check out the immages (click on the green text). Lovely tent and I'd go for one of these because ease of pitching is a big plus.

tomwod
    Free Member

i got one of these and IMO as good as the outwell ones, but much cheaper, bargain really.. very big for a "4" person tent. there's a bigger one here.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I'm after a tent for me, the wife and the wee lad to take a holiday out west the week after next. I like the idea of that SunnCamp Prism, but any other recommendations or offers would be appreciated. I'm in Highland BTW.

Thanks and sorry for the hijack muffin.

enricopallazzo
    Free Member

Another vote for Outwell Vermont L, massive living space!

eldridge
    Free Member

God I love my Montana – fabulous amounts of space, loads of little pocket thingys to store stuff, guides for electic cables to carry them over the floor, huge windows, luminous guylines, velcro securing tabs for anything that might flap, ingenious venting systems, variable combos of entrances including a little porch for storing wellies and for emergency pissing, huge headroom, and those little perspex windows at ground level so you can roll over in your sleeping bag and see outside without even lifting your head up!

It's a pig to put up though.

sadexpunk

vermont XL here. just a biiiiig oblong, so you cant better it for use of space.

wanderlust75
    Free Member

Thanks for your comments – I wanted to get a bigger tent but it's only for me and the dog so wanted a tent that would have some living pace but not not HUGE!!! Any other ideas gratefully received! Could you put up an outwell montana 4 by yourself? Thanks loads!

wanderlust75
    Free Member

:-)Thanks for your comments – I wanted to get a bigger tent but it's only for me and the dog so wanted a tent that would have some living pace but not not HUGE!!! Any other ideas gratefully received! Could you put up an outwell montana 4 by yourself? Thanks loads!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Had one of these for about 8 years, it's an Outwell but I forget which one, it has survived storms, gales and remains undamaged.
    I bought it because it was one of the only family tents still standing at a camping show after gales hit the area.
    A nice feature is that you lay out the fly, slide in 4 poles – 2 pegs at one end and just walk backwards holding the unpegged end and up it goes in seconds.
    Fly first means the inner stays dry when pitching in the rain – even better if you are moving around as it is the last to come down too.
    Have a VW camper now but would not sell the tent, it's too good and I keep it as a "just in case".

hpil
    Free Member

wanderlust75 – are you still looking for a Montana 4? We have one bought in 2006, used five times & have just upgraded to Montana 6 (expanding family)…?

avdave2

We'll be replacing our Vango with the Vermont XL this year. looked at a lot of options and it just seems better thought out than anything else around. It also comes within the max size limits many sites have in peak season.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Outwell Montana 6 – anything better!?’ is closed to new replies.