• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dpfr.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Outside Bike Storage Shed Required for side of house?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Looking for a shed/lockup to put against the side of house. I commute to work on a 3 shift pattern so I have to come home mainly in the dark. I keep my bikes in the garage at the bottom of garden. I don’t have a garden path on lawn so while wearing my cleated shoes have to walk on the grass to put my bike away.

I’ve got room at the side of house for a persific bike storage shed. I’ve googled it and now looking for one.

My ideal size would be 6ft wide x 2ft deep.
    With 2 doors on. Nothing else will be stored In it and it can be made of wood metal or plastic.

robdob
    Free Member

Make a garden path?

chocolateteapot
    Free Member

any outbuilding at the side of the house would be a massive target. Is the bike expensive? how much do you want to spend?

If it’s a cheapo bike then just get a lean to shed and bolt it to the walls and ground.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the asguard sheds and can fit 5 bikes in mine.

Very secure

They do smaller versions

jacob46
    Free Member

there is a gate on the front of house where you cant see the side of house. i live in a cul de sac quiet area.

its a brand new whyte suffolk and love it to bits but im confident that know one will touch it.

i think 6ft x 2.6ft will do it, but ideally 7ft wide.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I have a trimetals one Linky Not cheap mind but very nice. Can get three bikes in (2 mtb and a road) through some audacious stacking and wheels off…

dpfr

I have the single bike Asgard one, which could actually hold both my 29ers easily enough if I wanted. It is tucked away quietly round the side of the house.

The single bike shelter needs a padlock and the hasp is 12.5 mm which means that it is just too small to take a Sold Secure Gold padlock, which all seem to have larger hasps, but which are required by many (most?) insurers. So if that’s all you do, an insurer probably won’t cover you. You could always have a ground anchor inside with a SS Gold lock but I can’t be bothered.

The 2-bike shelter has the same footprint as the single bike one, but has 2 compartments and a door at each end, so it’s effectively two independent shelters. It also has proper locks in the doors which meet insurers’ requirements, as do all the larger Asgard shelters.

Lead time on an Asgard shelter is a few weeks so you need to take that into account. I also paid for installation, which two very efficient lads completed in about half an hour.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Outside Bike Storage Shed Required for side of house?’ is closed to new replies.